Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Willie Harris as DH?

Willie Harris as DH?

What in the world? I laughed when I saw this. He did pull in our only RBI this evening though. He and his .116 batting average.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Willie Harris as DH?

I think this unfortunately coincides with Dusty's mantra of making sure that he keeps everyone fresh. Normally, Dusty also uses a favorable small sample size in his explaining his decisions, but Harris only had one previous at-bat against Masterson and got out.

I refused to waste my energy watching any game were Willie Harris is the DH..

Quote Originally Posted by MBZags View Post
    I think this unfortunately coincides with Dusty's mantra of making sure that he keeps everyone fresh. Normally, Dusty also uses a favorable small sample size in his explaining his decisions, but Harris only had one previous at-bat against Masterson and got out.
    How did that work out for us? lol. 8 to 1 loss?

Oh, I'm by no means defending Dusty, considering Harris's OPS is only 11 points higher than Arroyo's.

Quote Originally Posted by jwmann2 View Post
    How did that work out for us? lol. 8 to 1 loss?
    oops wrong post.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

Quote Originally Posted by MBZags View Post
    He shouldn't be worrying about keeping Willie Harris fresh. Harris is gonna be back in Louisville probably Monday. Should be anyway.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I refused to waste my energy watching any game were Willie Harris is the DH..
    Spot on. Laughable, criminal, vintage Dusty.

Quote Originally Posted by smixsell View Post
    Spot on. Laughable, criminal, vintage Dusty.
    even if the team manages to make the playoffs. Dusty Baker should not get another contract because all he does is hold the team back and they win in spite of him

This is exactly why so many Reds fans are upset with Dusty. The third game of the series, no matter what happened the first two, guarantees to be a lineup full of backups. Other than the Sunday night Tigers game, I cannot think of a last game of a series that didn't have a lineup that had backups in. Dusty even does this in a series right after an off day. This is BASEBALL Dusty. We have a young team mostly. If they can't play three days in a row they shouldn't be out there. Recently, Dusty said a win in June is as important as a win in September. The Reds needed to scratch a win out of the series, but apparently Dusty didn't feel the same way. Granted, playing Willie didn't cost this game, but if it was a 2-1 loss instead of 8-1, I would have been much more upset. Wins are real important before going to the west coast since we historically play poorly on the WC. We needed as many as possible before leaving for SF.

Quote Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
    This is exactly why so many Reds fans are upset with Dusty. The third game of the series, no matter what happened the first two, guarantees to be a lineup full of backups. Other than the Sunday night Tigers game, I cannot think of a last game of a series that didn't have a lineup that had backups in. Dusty even does this in a series right after an off day. This is BASEBALL Dusty. We have a young team mostly. If they can't play three days in a row they shouldn't be out there. Recently, Dusty said a win in June is as important as a win in September. The Reds needed to scratch a win out of the series, but apparently Dusty didn't feel the same way. Granted, playing Willie didn't cost this game, but if it was a 2-1 loss instead of 8-1, I would have been much more upset. Wins are real important before going to the west coast since we historically play poorly on the WC. We needed as many as possible before leaving for SF.
    Lineup "Full" of backups:

Cozart 6 STARTER
    Heisey 8 50% STARTER
    Votto 3 STARTER
    Phillips 4 STARTER
    Bruce 9 STARTER
    Rolen 5 STARTER
    Frazier 7 STARTER
    Harris DH - DH
    Hanigan 2 STARTER

ONE GUY. ONE GUY!!! OK, and if you don't want to consider Heisey a starter 2, but he's playing as well if not better than Stubby

And should I mention the ONE guy who isn't a starter had the lone RBI???

The Reds are a National League Team...We don't need yout typical DH we need one person to (hopefully) bat better than the pitcher for 3-9 games each year. This is a non-topic.

TIRED OF THE NEGATIVE ^*#* ON THIS SITE.
    Last edited by P.E.R#14; 06-21-2012 at 10:06 AM.
    "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

To me it will continue to be about plate approaches....ours put us in these funks when a pitcher pitches to it.

What was the last free swinging World Series winner?

Nothing like adding Willie Harris and the 2010 Post-All-Star Version of Scott Rolen to a lineup to kill a 6-game winning streak and send the team into a tailspin.

The reason this team played so well was because they jettisoned Willie Harris AND Scott Rolen. Those two need to leave Major League Baseball for good.

Do the honorable thing, Rolen, and RETIRE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Nothing like adding Willie Harris and the 2010 Post-All-Star Version of Scott Rolen to a lineup to kill a 6-game winning streak and send the team into a tailspin.

The reason this team played so well was because they jettisoned Willie Harris AND Scott Rolen. Those two need to leave Major League Baseball for good.

Do the honorable thing, Rolen, and RETIRE.
    Spot on. It's a joke that he put Rolen back in and moved Frazier to DH when the team was Red hot. And Willie Harris (Career .230 hitter and well "past it" even that "prime," if you can call it a "prime") at DH is just twisted.

If Dusty were managing the old Yankees he would have given Wally Pip his job back, benched Gehrig, and let Pip finish out at least 1 full season before even THINKING about putting Gehrig in the starting lineup. Man, is he THICK

Turn Off Ads?