Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: McDonalds Last in Customer Satisfaction

Re: McDonalds Last in Customer Satisfaction

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    What do you think of Marion's?
    I love Marion's, though I realize like Skyline Chili is a cincy thing that outsiders sometimes won't like b/c its different, Marion's is very much a Dayton thing that sometimes outsiders won't like b/c its different than what you'd expect out of a pizza.

Marion's is significantly more consistant than Cassano's, I'd say you get roughly the same quality pizza every time you go to marians, at at all the locations I've been to (roughly 5 or 6 of them), whilce Cassano's has always struggled with that. A top shelf Cassano's pizza is better in my opinion, but you only get that top shelf Cassano's pizza about half the time, the other half of the time, I'd rank Marion's above Cassano's (though the cassano's pizza on the off days is still pretty good, it mostly has to do with the amount of salt underneath the crust, which plays a huge role since the crust is so thin)

They are building a Marion's is Mason for anyone in that part of town.

For (south of) Dayton area pizza, I'd go:

Monster Pizza (aka Doubleday's in Centerville)
    Jets (which has a much larger footprint than I realized when I first had in columbus a few years ago, I know its in the Cincy area now)

Dewey's (though I consider Dewey's more of a cincy thing since it started there, even though there is one in Dayton now)
    Marion's
    Cassano's

I could flip those 3 around pretty much anyway depending on the day, Marion's is great for dinning in, cassano's if I want delivery, Dewey's is better for its uniqueness and their salads and beer are great, so it makes for more of a meal than just going out for a pizza.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Marion's is significantly more consistant than Cassano's, I'd say you get roughly the same quality pizza every time you go to marians, at at all the locations I've been to (roughly 5 or 6 of them), whilce Cassano's has always struggled with that. A top shelf Cassano's pizza is better in my opinion, but you only get that top shelf Cassano's pizza about half the time, the other half of the time, I'd rank Marion's above Cassano's (though the cassano's pizza on the off days is still pretty good, it mostly has to do with the amount of salt underneath the crust, which plays a huge role since the crust is so thin)
    I think you've nailed it perfectly with describing these two places, and I couldn't agree more. I used to love Cassano's back in the day, and if you can get a good one today, they are still fabulous. But I don't go there anymore because I got tired of spending money on a pizza when I had no idea what I was going to get. I think some of the remaining independent Cassano's are still worth going to as nothing has changed with them. The one in Sidney comes to mind.

As far as Marion's goes, it's my favorite pizza place and I know that whichever one I go to, I will always get the same pizza. So happy that my hometown now has one.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Jets (which has a much larger footprint than I realized when I first had in columbus a few years ago, I know its in the Cincy area now)
    Yep, that's a Detroit chain. It's pretty good compared to most chain places, but it's only a rough sketch of the really good Detroit pizza places...

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post

Five Guys I like, but honestly nothing really comes close to a burger that you cook on your own. It's not rocket science to grill a burger, and you can go all out with the meat/bread/veggies/spreads. Although something interesting that I'm not sure if it's company policy: both times I went there, after the guy put the french fries in the bag, told me to hold on a second, and promptly stuffed the rest of the order bag with fries. I am okay with that, really.
    That's company policy. If they guy tried to make it look like you were getting a little something extra, then he's doing a great job of marketing.

Five Guys is good -- they use quality ingredients, and they aren't very expensive.

Do you have Backyard Burgers restaurants in your area? IMO, of all the fast food places, it tastes the most like the burgers you grill yourself. Their waffle-cut fries are weak, but it looks like they just added sweet potato fries to the menu.
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 06-26-2012 at 12:06 AM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    McDonalds Last in Customer Satisfaction

No surprise here. The McDonalds in northern Virginia are terrible. Most of the workers can't understand you when you order something. KFC is bad too. I'm going to have to come to Kentucky to get good KFC. Also the Dunkin Donuts in my area never have enough dooughnuts. I've quit going to them. Whenever I go to one up here they are out of the glazed donuts. How does a Dunkin Donuts run out of doughnuts?

http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/mc...165900737.html
    Yet, the company itself is one of the most respected, coming in 3rd:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...#slide=1139703

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Do you have Backyard Burgers restaurants in your area? IMO, of all the fast food places, it tastes the most like the burgers you grill yourself. Their waffle-cut fries are weak, but it looks like they just added sweet potato fries to the menu.
    Man, I miss Backyard Burgers. I've thought about putting together a group to see if they'd open a franchise in the Cincy area.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

IMHO, nothing touches Cook-Out, a chain in TN, VA and the Carolinas, for Burgers and Shakes.

http://www.cookoutnc.com/
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 06-26-2012 at 03:51 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    You completely missed the point, didn't you?
    I thought Spurlock missed the point -- or at least a key point that came out in the movie. Namely that soft drinks are the real driver of "diabesity".

But I liked the movie well enough.

My son, a BK veteran and talent amateur of all things fast food, pointed out the McDonald's hasn't moved to the new system of fast food service where you wait in one line, order and pay at the next available cashier and then move to the side where other employees take care of order fulfillment.

McDonald's has that Charlie-Foxtrot thing of having several trays sitting by the cashier who's attention is divided between taking the next order and fulfilling the previous one.

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

No matter what I read, no matter what I watch, and no matter what I already know, I will always enjoy a hot Big Mac. I remember when I was a student at Miami the McDonald's in Oxford would often run a 2 for $2 special on Big Macs. Between that special and SDS Pizza it's a miracle I'm still breathing.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

I enjoy them every 3 months when they send me a dividend.

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    I enjoy them every 3 months when they send me a dividend.
    And keep raising that dividend!

Any food I like is the best and everyone that likes something that I don't, is crazy and wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    and everyone that likes something that I don't, is crazy and wrong.
    Like people who like cucumbers. You do realized that cucumbers are 100% rind? Do you hear me? All rind!

I love McDonalds. If i'm hungry and I want to eat quarter pounder then ill go to McDonalds and buy one... I dont care... Its my money and I earned it... I dont care if I get fat I'll go to gym or exercise... and then ill have heart surgery lol

Turn Off Ads?