Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YRod?

YRod?

I know the Reds dropped him back to the Billings roster after his early-season struggles at Bakersfield (39 K's in 90 ABs). I guess he's basically been in Extended Spring Training working on his approach and attitude. Anyone heard of any plans for him once the short season teams start?

Back to Bakersfield? Dayton? Or would they actually play him at Billings or Goodyear?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: YRod?

You will likely see him in Dayton. He might play a few games in a short-season league.

The good news is that, at age 19, he has time to get his head on straight.

Spending this year at Billings/ Dayton won't put him behind anyone.

The bad news is that he's already struggled in A+, which is not a place hitters typically struggle. So whatever he does will be viewed as a mirage until at least AA, IMO.

He/ The Reds have killed his trade value for the next couple of years, IMO. (Which may not be a bad thing, btw-- he could very well take off in the second half of the season.)

He's no longer listed on the Billings roster. Guess he's either injured or he'll turn up in Dayton in the next couple of days.

I don't see how both YRod and Gelalich go to Dayton. Both Waldrop and Silva deserve to continue to play regularly there.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    I don't see how both YRod and Gelalich go to Dayton. Both Waldrop and Silva deserve to continue to play regularly there.
    Three possabilities:

1. Rodriguez made some solid progress in EST and they're returuning him to Bakersfield.

2. Gelalich starts in Billings

3. They rotate Wladrop, Silva, Rodriguez and Gelalich in Dayton with one DHing when its used.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 06-20-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Three possabilities:

1. Rodriguez made soe solid progress in EST and they're returuning him to Bakersfield.

2. Gelalich starts in Billings

3. They rotate Wladrop, Silva, Rodriguez and Gelalich in Dayton with one DHing when its used.
    I like 1 or 3. As an advanced college OF drafted in the sandwich round, Gelalich should start in Dayton.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I like 1 or 3. As an advanced college OF drafted in the sandwich round, Gelalich should start in Dayton.
    I don't see there being a lot of room in the Billings OF if they add Amaral, Pigott and Matthews also - although I think the might send Winker to Goodyear if all the college OFs sign.

Would it be correct to say these are good problems to have?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Would it be correct to say these are good problems to have?
    I don't think any of these young OFs can be considered a blue chipper at this time, so it's very likely run-of-the-mill post-draft roster crunch. I think the interesting thing is what they end up doing with YRod. I just have the feeling they are at a loss for knowing what to do to help him produce anywhere close to the level his tools indicate he should be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    I don't think any of these young OFs can be considered a blue chipper at this time, so it's very likely run-of-the-mill post-draft roster crunch. I think the interesting thing is what they end up doing with YRod. I just have the feeling they are at a loss for knowing what to do to help him produce anywhere close to the level his tools indicate he should be able to.
    I think Waldrop is very underrated.
    Go BLUE!!!

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

This guy has gone from one of the top prospects in the organization to a complete mystery in the matter of 2 years. Very strange to say the least. I'm still intrigued by him due to his age, but man it's not looking good right now. Extremely strange.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Still has the best tools in the system.... have to wonder if keeping him in Dayton this year would have made a difference rather than a promotion to Bakersfield.

Option 3, as it stands now. Things can change quickly if there is an injury somewhere.

Looks like we may have the answer. With Steve Selsky's promotion to Bakersfield, the Dragons are left with three OF's - Waldrop, Silva and Jefry Sierra (although I guess they could use someone like Buckley, Terry or Ewing out there in a pinch). I'm guessing Yorman (if healthy) and/or Gelalich end up there in the next couple of days.

I'm not sure exactly how minor leage transactions/assignments work, but can an organization take a guy off all rosters and just send him to someplace like Goodyear to drill on attitude, hitting and fundamentals? My guess would be know since they've been carrying YR on the Billings roster. That would lead to the next question. The Reds removed Yorman from the Billings roster last Saturday (IIRC). How long do they have to re-assign him?

Turn Off Ads?