Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/22/12 - Reds vs Twins

Re: 6/22/12 - Reds vs Twins

The KING of those allowing inherited runners to score strikes again. He just frustrates me so much. This could be a breakout inning for the Twinkies who lost 3 of 4 to the team who no one is worried about. Wow.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Good job crushing Bray's confidence there Dusty. I'd have used Marshall there, but he's the "8th inning guy".
    If that crushed his confidence, then it wasn't that strong to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    I know exactly what you're saying. Its just got its own special awful feeling. Especially when after 2 pitches you know its coming.
    I think it's the feeling of giving away a run just for standing there. At least if you throw a quality pitch, the hitter has to earn the run. And there's a chance he'll make an out.

ALL IS WELL!

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I like that Homer was pissed he was getting pulled. I want that in a pitcher.
    I like it too. A lot.

What I don't like? Dusty using Bray there. Hasn't pitched in the majors in 2 months and you put him in that spot. Seriously Dusty? What a moron.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Dusty probably had Bray warming early thinking the 6th would not be a high leverage inning with Marshall not thinking about getting loose until the 7th or 8th

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Absolutely awful to give up this many runs to a joke of an offense like the Twins (5 runs in 6 innings). Horrible time to use Bray for the first time back -- bases loaded and one out. However, terrible job by Bray of not being ready when he was called upon. Facing the leadoff batter (no one that is a threat to drive the ball) and puts himself in a 3-0 hole. Awful!

And another ho-hum start from Homer Bailey. He's OK. I don't dislike him, but he's "ho-hum."

Willingham grounds out to 3rd. 5-4 Twins mid 6th.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Dusty probably had Bray warming early thinking the 6th would not be a high leverage inning with Marshall not thinking about getting loose until the 7th or 8th
    Baker would have had to make the choice to warm up Marshall early in that inning, no idea the bases would be loaded.

The crap single by the 8th place hitter was what changed that inning.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Absolutely awful to give up this many runs to a joke of an offense like the Twins (5 runs in 6 innings). Horrible time to use Bray for the first time back -- bases loaded and one out. However, terrible job by Bray of not being ready when he was called upon. Facing the leadoff batter (no one that is a threat to drive the ball) and puts himself in a 3-0 hole. Awful!

And another ho-hum start from Homer Bailey. He's OK. I don't dislike him, but he's "ho-hum."
    This one falls squarely on Homer's shoulders. Rolen gave him a lead after he trailed in the game. Homer needed to work relatively clean fifth and sixth innings. He didn't come close.

And in the sixth he was near the bottom of the order and still couldn't get them out. Left the bases loaded for Bray.

Homer has improved this year, but he didn't pitch well tonight.

Jeff Gray in to pitch

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Baker would have had to make the choice to warm up Marshall early in that inning, no idea the bases would be loaded.

The crap single by the 8th place hitter was what changed that inning.
    FYI, I would have had Marshall warming up, because you can use him for an inning any time, and some lefties were coming up. Would not have been a waste using him early knowing it was a tight game and you had 2 other lefties to sit on later.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    This one falls squarely on Homer's shoulders. Rolen gave him a lead after he trailed in the game. Homer needed to work relatively clean fifth and sixth innings. He didn't come close.

And in the sixth he was near the bottom of the order and still couldn't get them out. Left the bases loaded.

Agreed. I like Homer, but he didn't do his job tonight.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

And in the sixth he was near the bottom of the order and still couldn't get them out. Left the bases loaded.

Well put.

Good start.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?