Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Twins vs. Reds Friday 6/22/12

Re: Twins vs. Reds Friday 6/22/12

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Bray walking in that run hurt.

Just a lot of bad baseball tonight. We should have easily won this game.
    Tell me the last time Bray came into a game in that situation and did not the same thing he did tonight. Give up the hit that scores the run or walks batters. I cannot remember the last time he pitched well in a clutch situation and I am talking last year as well as this year. Bring in a guy just off the DL to pitch with the bases loaded is just what I expected Dusty to do.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Thank god it wasn't a last place team with a SP with a 7+ era we lost to tonight...

Also keep in mind that if you pinch run Rolen, Harris would have had to play 3B in the 10th with Frazier and Valdez already used.

Cairo

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Also keep in mind that if you pinch run Rolen, Harris would have had to play 3B in the 10th with Frazier and Valdez already used.
    Cairo couldve played, but I don't think we shoulda pinch ran for Rolen. He's one of our best base runners on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by redram View Post
    Tell me the last time Bray came into a game in that situation and did not the same thing he did tonight. Give up the hit that scores the run or walks batters. I cannot remember the last time he pitched well in a clutch situation and I am talking last year as well as this year. Bring in a guy just off the DL to pitch with the bases loaded is just what I expected Dusty to do.
    Then Bray should not be on the team. Baker made the right move, Bray didn't execute.

I disagree I think if Harris is n the game berry sends him, but we will never know

Quote Originally Posted by cincyredway View Post
    Cairo
    He sits to PH whenever the P comes up.

baseball is so strange. how can a team look so good against a good team like the mets in ny, and look so bad at home against the hapless twinkies less than a week later?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Then Bray should not be on the team. Baker made the right move, Bray didn't execute.
    We will just have to disagree on this one. He had Marshall that could have come in. Bray is just off the DL, let him pitch in a not so important spot first. Even in this one if the bases were not loaded. Even at that we had two chances to score with less that two outs and we once again fail to do so. This happens way to often with this team.

Bray is just off the DL, let him pitch in a not so important spot first. Even in this one if the bases were not loaded.
    He's been pitching in enough not so important spots in Louisville. That's what rehab is for. He's a major leaguer- get the ball over the plate.

How many times has a Reds' reliever come into a game and walked the first batter? It seems like a lot.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

So many games pissed down the drain in the last 11 or 12 days. Could be running away with this division right now.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

He had Marshall that could have come in.
    Right, then we would have had Bray available when we needed a lefty later in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    So many games pissed down the drain in the last 11 or 12 days. Could be running away with this division right now.
    Actually its been the last 5 days. Prior to that we won six in a row.

Turn Off Ads?