Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bray activated, Hoover optioned to Louisville

Bray activated, Hoover optioned to Louisville

Just posted by Fay

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bray activated, Hoover optioned to Louisville

Would rather have seen LeCure sent down, but thrilled that Bray's back regardless.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

I hope this means that Hoover is going to be stretched out to starter's innings...We're a little thin on the ground in case of an injury in the rotation.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    I hope this means that Hoover is going to be stretched out to starter's innings...We're a little thin on the ground in case of an injury in the rotation.
    Exactly what I was going to post. I think they need to work Hoover as a starter for various reasons. Injury. Or if we have to trade Leake or Bailey at the trade deadline for offensive help.

I also hope Hoover is stretched out to start. Glad to see Bray back, hopefully he can be sharp right away.

"So Fla Red"

Can you change the title to Hoover swept away to Louisville?

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Zero lefties in the rotation and now three in the pen. Weird.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

With Bray's history, I have no doubt he'll be on the DL again by the end of the month. I don't know if it's bad luck or what.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    With Bray's history, I have no doubt he'll be on the DL again by the end of the month. I don't know if it's bad luck or what.
    The jinx of "The Trade?"
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Would rather have seen LeCure sent down, but thrilled that Bray's back regardless.

Wait...what?

I think Ondrusek was more deserving. And I hate to be a jerk about it, but if you keep him down there long enough, you don't have to worry about an arbitration raise. He's the only person in the bullpen with mediocre peripherals. This is coming from someone whose favorite player is Ondrusek, too.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I think Ondrusek was more deserving. And I hate to be a jerk about it, but if you keep him down there long enough, you don't have to worry about an arbitration raise. He's the only person in the bullpen with mediocre peripherals. This is coming from someone whose favorite player is Ondrusek, too.
    Ondrusek has now had a long rest. I think the Reds will watch him, but as a veteran they'll give him more of a chance.

Hoover has to learn to avoid all the fly balls if he's going to stay a Red. He has a good K rate, but he is an extreme fly ball pitcher. Not a good fit for GABP. I'm sure they will work with him to neutralize that tendency if possible.

Well with a tight game tonight I doubt we see Bray. We'll see Dusty save him for a low leverage time to use him for the first time in a while.

Does anybody have the statistics on Bray's effectiveness with inherited runners? I feel like he always let's them score but it could just be perception.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Does anybody have the statistics on Bray's effectiveness with inherited runners? I feel like he always let's them score but it could just be perception.
    His career percentage is 27%

Scroll down to reliever stats.
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...01-pitch.shtml

Turn Off Ads?