Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: 6/23/12 - Reds vs. Twins

Re: 6/23/12 - Reds vs. Twins

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    True. I'll admit that the handedness is an issue, but not as big a one as some make it out to be. The guys who were struggling have begun to turn it around.
    Other than Scott Rolen, there is nobody turning it around. Nobody of any consequence. Votto, Bruce, Phillips are all already above their usual OPSs.

This ballclub will continue to lose to the Josh Tomlins of this world until they change the mix. Not materially. One or two moves are all they need and they don't have to acquire stars.

Check swing grounder to Jose A and there is one out.
    Last edited by Kc61; 06-23-2012 at 06:28 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Lefty pinch hitter for the Twinkies. Grounds out, Votto to Arredondo. Easy as pie so far for Jose. Two out.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Other than Scott Rolen, there is nobody turning it around. Nobody of any consequence. Votto, Bruce, Phillips are all already above their usual OPSs.

This ballclub will continue to lose to the Josh Tomlin's of this world until they change the mix. Not materially. One or two moves are all they need and they don't have to acquire stars.

Check swing grounder to Jose A and there is one out.
    Ludwick & Heisey have both been swinging the bats much better lately. Stubbs was stinging the ball before the injury. Cozart has been swinging much better after that month-long swoon. So I disagree.

Cozart hitting .325 this month
    Heisey hitting .268 after a .211 first month of the season
    Ludwick has gone month to month .190, .224 to .267 this month.
    Stubbs had a sub .600 ops in april. .709 in may and was continuing to improve it when he was injured in June.

That's 4 guys who were horrid to start that are making improvements. Toss in that Rolen is looking solid, Phillips is playing great, Votto is Votto, and Bruce can carry this club all by himself at times....yeah, I don't see too much of an issue. Re-arranging the batting order and putting more guys on base before Votto will make a TON of difference IMO.
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 06-23-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Ludwick & Heisey have both been swinging the bats much better lately. Stubbs was stinging the ball before the injury. Cozart has been swinging much better after that month-long swoon. So I disagree.
    If you think Ludwick and Heisey are going to change the Reds' performance against RHP, there's a bridge I'd like to sell you connecting Brooklyn and Manhattan.

This team needs OBP against RHP, it's as obvious as could be, it will not be achieved by swing and miss RH hitters like Heisey and Ludwick.

We're talking about competing for a championship. Ludwick and Heisey?

Three outs, fly ball to center ends the inning, nice outing for Jose. Maybe he finishes the game.

Ok. All I ask is two more runs. Why? Just like to be safe.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Jay double. Maybe he's coming out of it.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Ok. All I ask is two more runs. Why? Just like to be safe.
    The correct answer is that they save any more runs for tomorrow.

Cozart .696, Ludwick .689, Heisey .659. OPS against RHP and that's after the so called hot streak. Heisey's OBP of .300 is the highest of the 3. Auto outs aplenty when a RHP is on the mound.

Against RHP, Rolen may be the only one to go up. Votto's 1.192, Phillips .847 and Frazier's .815 all likely to go down (Frazier was at 1.200 not long ago). Team needs an addition from outside who can help against RHP. Should probably be a platoon type. Everyday guys who hit against RH are generally big stars. No need for that since there are plenty of options to play when a lefty is out there.
    Last edited by mth123; 06-23-2012 at 06:38 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    If you think Ludwick and Heisey are going to change the Reds' performance against RHP, there's a bridge I'd like to sell you connecting Brooklyn and Manhattan.

This team needs OBP against RHP, it's as obvious as could be, it will not be achieved by swing and miss RH hitters like Heisey and Ludwick.

We're talking about competing for a championship. Ludwick and Heisey?

Three outs, fly ball to center ends the inning, nice outing for Jose. Maybe he finishes the game.
    Sorry, I hadn't finished my post.

And to clarify, the club need OBP against ALL pitching IMO.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Cozart hitting .325 this month
    Heisey hitting .268 after a .211 first month of the season
    Ludwick has gone month to month .190, .224 to .267 this month.
    Stubbs had a sub .600 ops in april. .709 in may and was continuing to improve it when he was injured in June.

That's 4 guys who were horrid to start that are making improvements. Toss in that Rolen is looking solid, Phillips is playing great, Votto is Votto, and Bruce can carry this club all by himself at times....yeah, I don't see too much of an issue. Re-arranging the batting order and putting more guys on base before Votto will make a TON of difference IMO.
    Our run scoring since June started has been much improved.

6-0 Redlegs! Bad hop past 3rd!

Cairo ph'ing for Arredondo.

(RZ really lagging for me right now)

Sorry, I hadn't finished my post.

And to clarify, the club need OBP against ALL pitching IMO.
    No it doesn't.

The Reds team OBP against lefties is two percentage points off the NL lead. .335.

The Reds team OBP against righties is eleventh in the league, well below league average, and at .311.

Look, I'm tired of this argument, it is as clear as a bell. The Reds destroy lefty pitching. They are average against righty pitching. They play against righties three quarters of the time. Playing in GABP and the NL Central the Reds should be above average against all pitching.

This is absolutely crystal clear from the statistics, and it makes sense since the team only has three lefty hitters, including Willie Harris, which is a highly unusual lefty-righty mix.

Reds up by six now, I wanted a ten run win, so I'm still into it. Cairo up now with one out, two on. Cairo flies to center, two outs now.

Looks like Simon in the 9th.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Ugh. Cozart. Bad looking strikeout. On to the 9th.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?