Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 135

Thread: 6/23/12 - Reds vs. Twins

  1. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    13,722

    Re: 6/23/12 - Reds vs. Twins

    Cueto starts the fifth with a K. Doumit up. A nemesis.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    13,722

    Re: 6/23/12 - Reds vs. Twins

    Single for Doumit.

  4. #48
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Rainelle, WV
    Posts
    8,144

    Re: 6/23/12 - Reds vs. Twins

    No hitter watch. Lincoln has one going in Pittsburgh.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

  5. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.
    Posts
    10,675

    Re: 6/23/12 - Reds vs. Twins

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    No hitter watch. Lincoln has one going in Pittsburgh.
    That should just about end it, jinx.

  6. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    13,722

    Re: 6/23/12 - Reds vs. Twins

    So Lincoln has a no-hitter, interesting.

    Two outs as Cueto gets a fly to center.

  7. #51
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,374

    Re: 6/23/12 - Reds vs. Twins

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    But they're nothing to worry about. Yeah, right. That poor run differential is shrinking and they've found their hitting shoes to go along with their pitching.
    I've been saying it for over a year now. They WILL start to hit eventually.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

  8. #52
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,374

    Re: 6/23/12 - Reds vs. Twins

    If Brad Lincoln throws a no-no we can officially dub this the season of the pitcher. Because if HE can throw one, anybody can. :O)
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

  9. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    13,722

    Re: 6/23/12 - Reds vs. Twins

    Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I've been saying it for over a year now. They WILL start to hit eventually.
    You can't control the opposition. Maybe the Pirates will continue to do well, maybe they won't.

    Reds have to win their ballgames.

    3-1 count, now 3-2. Man on first for the Twinkies.

    Ball four, two men on for the Twins, two outs, fifth inning, Reds by four.

    Pitcher is hitting for some reason for the Twins. Weird decision.

  10. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.
    Posts
    10,675

    Re: 6/23/12 - Reds vs. Twins

    Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I've been saying it for over a year now. They WILL start to hit eventually.
    Well if you keep saying something for a number of years, you should eventually be right.

    Like the guy who's been saying for 20 years the Pirates will be a .500 team; eventually he'll be right.

    BTW, no hitter gone.

  11. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    13,722

    Re: 6/23/12 - Reds vs. Twins

    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Wellm if you keep saying something for a number of years, you should eventually be right.

    Like the guy who's been saying for 20 years the Pirates will be a .500 team; eventually he'll be right.
    Who knows with the Pirates. There are fluke seasons all the time. It's hard enough to root for one team, I can't worry about the Pirates.

    I tend to think you're right, they will fade, but you never know.

    Cueto strikes out the pitcher, nothing for the Twins.

  12. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.
    Posts
    10,675

    Re: 6/23/12 - Reds vs. Twins

    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    You can't control the opposition. Maybe the Pirates will continue to do well, maybe they won't.

    Reds have to win their ballgames.

    3-1 count, now 3-2. Man on first for the Twinkies.

    Ball four, two men on for the Twins, two outs, fifth inning, Reds by four.

    Pitcher is hitting for some reason for the Twins. Weird decision.
    Their bullpen is tired, and had to go 4 innings yesterday and 5-6 today. They need ininngs from their long guy.

  13. #57
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,374

    Re: 6/23/12 - Reds vs. Twins

    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Wellm if you keep saying something for a number of years, you should eventually be right.

    Like the guy who's been saying for 20 years the Pirates will be a .500 team; eventually he'll be right.
    True enough. I've just felt that their talent would rear it's head eventually. Too many players playing under their talent-level for 2-3 years. That kind of thing just can't last. That it did as long as it did is kind of amazing...in a really depressing sort of way for Pirates fans.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

  14. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    13,722

    Re: 6/23/12 - Reds vs. Twins

    good work on the game thread. Tigers got a hit.

  15. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    13,722

    Re: 6/23/12 - Reds vs. Twins

    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Their bullpen is tired, and had to go 4 innings yesterday and 5-6 today. They need ininngs from their long guy.
    Kind of giving up on today's game though. Two men on there, four runs back.

    Glad to accept the give up in that inning.

  16. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.
    Posts
    10,675

    Re: 6/23/12 - Reds vs. Twins

    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Who knows with the Pirates. There are fluke seasons all the time. It's hard enough to root for one team, I can't worry about the Pirates.

    I tend to think you're right, they will fade, but you never know.

    Cueto strikes out the pitcher, nothing for the Twins.
    Look the Pirates might win half their games, and they might beat the Reds or they might beat the Cards or they might beat the Brewers. But they won't finish first in the division. They won't win that many.

    Becuase one (or more) of those others teams should be good for 90 wins.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25