Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 6/24/12 - Reds vs Twins

Re: 6/24/12 - Reds vs Twins

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    True, but it was a poor decision to bring Chapman in. Berry's decision is obvious. Bunting with Harris instead of letting Mes hit. Continuing to play Heisey and let him bat first is insane. Those are managerial decisions that cost the Reds the game. Players are what they are. It is up to management to make decisions that give the team a chance to win.
    Cozart is the lead off hitter, he had the day off. There is no backup CF with Stubbs out and Valdez at SS. Heisey had to play. And the team doesn't have another lead off hitter.

Chapman is the closer until a contrary decision is made. Reasonable decision to bring him in. He messed up.

Bunting with Harris I disagree with, but it's one way to play it. Again, reasonable decision.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    The most frustrating thing about this week is losing 5 out of 6 and 4 of those losses could have easily been wins.
    One big difference between this team and the 2010 team is that this Reds team seems to not perform well in 1 run games. They can't seem to win those games as much.

The Reds and the Pirates will both be watching the Cardinals dust in the next month or so.
    I would not be surprised at all.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

I almost want them to crater now.They are not a good team. Joey and Brandon have carried them for a week or two and the added bonus is that Dusty would have to go

Nice that they are 1-5 with Scotty's veteran presence back in the lineup. Not his fault but it did change things around on the roster.

The frustrating thing is that everyone is so blinded with Dusty as manager that the tend to excuse his faults like putting two OBP needy guys in front of Votto and blindly throwing a closer out there who simply has been figured out. If my closer had blown 4 straight games, I wouldn't have put him in. But it's the players fault. Yes, but the management failed too.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Bunting with Harris I disagree with, but it's one way to play it. Again, reasonable decision.
    It may be one way to play it, but bunting the runner over is also proven to decrease your odds of scoring. In other words, it is the wrong way to play it.

The frustrating thing is that everyone is so blinded with Dusty as manager that the tend to excuse his faults like putting two OBP needy guys in front of Votto and blindly throwing a closer out there who simply has been figured out. If my closer had blown 4 straight games, I wouldn't have put him in. But it's the players fault. Yes, but the management failed too.
    Thing is, Dusty isn't all that different from most managers in baseball. I mean, look at Gardenhire.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    One big difference between this team and the 2010 team is that this Reds team seems to not perform well in 1 run games. They can't seem to win those games as much.
    I don't think it's an overall one run problem. This team has had closer problems. Marshall had trouble closing games. Chapman is having huge trouble closing games.

In 2010, the Reds had a solid closer in Cordero. He may not have been perfect, but he was steady.

If Madson had stayed healthy perhaps it would have worked out differently.

Problems in late inning relief will kill a team because there is nothing more painful than blowing ninth inning leads. The Reds have a serious problem and they need to address it by changing closers again. Now.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    I would not be surprised at all.
    The Cardinals have more problems than we do. They're an old team with a shaky pitching staff. We're not running away with it, but neither is anyone else. We still have the best player in the division, and maybe all of baseball. That's a big deal, IMO. We'll be fine. Just a bad week. How many different times did we proclaim this team done in 2010?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Thing is, Dusty isn't all that different from most managers in baseball. I mean, look at Gardenhire.
    Most is a key word. Lots of bad managers in baseball.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I don't think it's an overall one run problem. This team has had closer problems. Marshall had trouble closing games. Chapman is having huge trouble closing games.

In 2010, the Reds had a solid closer in Cordero. He may not have been perfect, but he was steady.

If Madson had stayed healthy perhaps it would have worked out differently.

Problems in late inning relief will kill a team because there is nothing more painful than blowing ninth inning leads. The Reds have a serious problem and they need to address it by changing closers again. Now.
    That is certainly part of it, but the Reds have had problems coming back whilst down 1 run late as well. Votto has been the saving grace, of course.

BINGO, We have a winner!!! Dusty has made quiet a few mistakes lately exspecially when the reds are losing.There was no need bringing Chapman in when Leake was pitching good and only threw 86 pitchs.I bet if that was Cueto out there in that same position he would have left him in there to finish the game.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    We lost 2 of 3 to the Minnesota Twins.

Yeah.
    A week ago espn posted a graphic showing the best NL teams in interleague this year, and there were the Reds at 6-3.

And a week later they wrap up interleague with losing record at 7-8.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Very few guys in this lineup that know what a quality at-bat is.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    BINGO, We have a winner!!! Dusty has made quiet a few mistakes lately exspecially when the reds are losing.There was no need bringing Chapman in when Leake was pitching good and only threw 86 pitchs.I bet if that was Cueto out there in that same position he would have left him in there to finish the game.
    It made zero sense to me.

Geez. Let Leake come back out and have Chapman warming up in the bullpen just in case. Although, with Chapman's recent troubles, I would have had someone else up.

Turn Off Ads?