Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: 6/25/12 - Reds vs. Brewers

Re: 6/25/12 - Reds vs. Brewers

It's all about the slider with Latos. I don't know if he simply doesn't feel comfortable with it some games, but I noted after the Cleveland shelling that he was not throwing the slider at all, hoping he wasn't hurt as the reason for avoidance. Tonight gave an answer that is very good news. Hopefully it was an adjustment and not just a night of having stuff.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    It's all about the slider with Latos. I don't know if he simply doesn't feel comfortable with it some games, but I noted after the Cleveland shelling that he was not throwing the slider at all, hoping he wasn't hurt as the reason for avoidance. Tonight gave an answer that is very good news. Hopefully it was an adjustment and not just a night of having stuff.
    Great point. He threw 4 straight to end the game, and K Weeks.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Interesting that Stubbs comes back and is very productive with 2 hits and 2 runs. That other guy...not so much.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    As for Latos--Whoooo!!!!
    That does sound like something Brantley would say...
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Interesting that Stubbs comes back and is very productive with 2 hits and 2 runs. That other guy...not so much.
    You mean Rolen? Who had this line going into tonights game since returning from the DL?

389 .450 .611 1.061
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    You mean Rolen? Who had this line going into tonights game since returning from the DL?

389 .450 .611 1.061
    No, no no. I was channeling Heisey, and sort of unfairly, but I'm evil like that. Love Rolen. Heck, I like Chris, one of the few Reds I've actually met, but he's not a starter. Sorry for the confusion.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    No, no no. I was channeling Heisey, and sort of unfairly, but I'm evil like that. Love Rolen. Heck, I like Chris, one of the few Reds I've actually met, but he's not a starter. Sorry for the confusion.
    Gotcha. Yeah, he stunk his first game back.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Fay had a tidbit in his article this morning which was astounding. In the article he said Latos threw 26 straight strikes from the 1st to the 5th. Not fully understanding what he was saying, I went to the box score online to verify what I thought he was saying.

Fay was slightly off, but it was still extraordinary. Beginning with Ramirez's AB in the 1st, the last two pitches to him were strikes. Latos then threw 24 straight strikes until he threw a ball to Ramirez again in the 4th.

He finished the first with a 3 pitch K on Corey Hart, threw 9 pitches in the 2nd, 8 pitches in the 3rd, 8 pitches in the 4th (only that one ball to Ramirez) and 7 pitches in the 5th (again, just one ball there). Up to that point, he'd only allowed 2 hits, both bunt singles.

After the first pitch of the 5th inning, the Scout pop up on the pitch by pitch reporting wrote:

That was pitch number 45 for Mat Latos; his effectiveness may start slipping, as he holds opposing hitters to a .223 average in the first 45 pitches but they hit .389 off him after that.

Yeah, last night? Not so much. I will say this though, Aoki hit the daylights out of that homer. Excellent night for Latos, to say the least.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Fay had a tidbit in his article this morning which was astounding. In the article he said Latos threw 26 straight strikes from the 1st to the 5th. Not fully understanding what he was saying, I went to the box score online to verify what I thought he was saying.

Fay was slightly off, but it was still extraordinary. Beginning with Ramirez's AB in the 1st, the last two pitches to him were strikes. Latos then threw 24 straight strikes until he threw a ball to Ramirez again in the 4th.

He finished the first with a 3 pitch K on Corey Hart, threw 9 pitches in the 2nd, 8 pitches in the 3rd, 8 pitches in the 4th (only that one ball to Ramirez) and 7 pitches in the 5th (again, just one ball there). Up to that point, he'd only allowed 2 hits, both bunt singles.

After the first pitch of the 5th inning, the Scout pop up on the pitch by pitch reporting wrote:

That was pitch number 45 for Mat Latos; his effectiveness may start slipping, as he holds opposing hitters to a .223 average in the first 45 pitches but they hit .389 off him after that.

Yeah, last night? Not so much. I will say this though, Aoki hit the daylights out of that homer. Excellent night for Latos, to say the least.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?