Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Which MLB cities would you live in.....

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Growing up, I thought La Rosa's was the best thing since sliced bread. But after moving to NY, it's definitely nothing special. I had it the last time I was in Cincinnati though and it was decent. At least for the Midwest.
    Too much sauce and a weak crust, I prefer NY style

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Which MLB cities would you live in.....

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    It's funny we just saw that episode the other night and plan on eating there. We have been to St Louis several times but have yet to eat on "The Hill." I love Italian but I worry my two rotten kids ages 9 and 6 won't make the experience enjoyable.

We plan on going up in The Arch ( my daughter will love it), Grants Farm ( daughter loves animals), the Zoo ( it is free and my daughter loves animals), Six Flags ( daughter loves rides) and a Cards game (son loves baseball and nothing else, wonder where he got that from?).

What about City Museum? It gets good reviews but is it an all day thing?

Is Union Station run down now? I have fond memories of the place back in the late 90's but I heard it's pretty much ghetto now.
    I have not been to the city museum but I heard its the thing to do if you have kids. There's a ton of stuff to do there from what I understand and I have never heard anything bad about it.

As far as Union Station goes, it's kind of meh but still a place to hang out if you're waiting for the game to start or going to get a bite to eat after the game.

My advice about Six Flags is get there early and bring some swim suits because they have a water park now. What we did a couple of years ago is go early to the water park then ride the rides later on during the day.

I would also suggest the Science Center. It's another thing that I believe is free except for parking. It's a pretty big place and suitable for kids. It's right next to Forest Park, where the zoo is. In fact, Forest Park is so big and has so many things to do, you could spend two days there if you wanted to and still not see everything. There's also regional events that take place there at different times of the year.

http://explorestlouis.com/visit-expl...s/forest-park/

The Missouri Botanical Garden is also a place to go if you have some down time or looking for something to do. I always found it a peaceful place.

http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/
    Last edited by MikeThierry; 07-07-2012 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Love NY style. Last fall, we had a NY style pizza shop open in my town. The guy who runs it is a Sicilian who honed his skills making pizzas in NYC when he first came to America. Definitely the best NY style pizza I've had outside NYC and better than some of the pizza I've actually had in NYC. My wife and some of our friends, all New Yorkers by birth, even give it props.

I also like Chicago style, specifically Giordano's, but have yet to have a good one outside Chicago.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Larosa's is good pizza, so is Marion's in Dayton, which, along with Jet's, is my favorite among the locals (the Marion's in Mason opens this fall).

And I'll certainly agree that NY style > anything else.

Too much crust gives me heartburn. Deep dish always gives me stomach problems.

I actually don't mind when there's extra sauce, but the weak crust I'm on board with. I still prefer NY style as well.

I was always a Gold Star guy myself
    You *bleeping* contrarian.

I still love LaRosa's. I don't think of it as "good" pizza, just a very specific taste. The sauce is almost sweet. If I hadn't had it until adulthood, I almost certainly wouldn't like it, but now I have to have it every time i'm in Cincinnati. I think you have to grow up with it. Actually, given the way out-of-towners have reacted to Cincinnati-style chili when I've brought them there, I think there's a degree of truth to that with the chili as well.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Is LaRosa's that bad?
    You have had school pizza, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Actually, given the way out-of-towners have reacted to Cincinnati-style chili when I've brought them there, I think there's a degree of truth to that with the chili as well.
    I've been here for almost 13 years and I love Cincinnati chili. I had a friend come here from Iowa for Opening Day this year and he never had it before and he loved it. We had it at Price Hill Chili for Opening Day and the next day we went to Camp Washington Chili and he had it both days. I'd eat it more often but I'm afraid if I did I would weigh 300 lbs.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I've been here for almost 13 years and I love Cincinnati chili. I had a friend come here from Iowa for Opening Day this year and he never had it before and he loved it. We had it at Price Hill Chili for Opening Day and the next day we went to Camp Washington Chili and he had it both days. I'd eat it more often but I'm afraid if I did I would weigh 300 lbs.
    I've brought in people who love it, people who found it appalling, and people who didn't see what the big deal was, with far more people in the latter two camps than the first. I do know a chef in New York who thinks the Cincinnati chili recipe is a masterpiece. I think it's just a very specific taste -- either you like it or you don't.

I don't eat it but I liked Gold Star as a kid.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Detroit style is better than the rest!

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Larosa's is good pizza, so is Marion's in Dayton, which, along with Jet's, is my favorite among the locals (the Marion's in Mason opens this fall).

And I'll certainly agree that NY style > anything else.
    Jet's isn't really "local" at all...

How u doin

1.Miami

2.New York

3.Los Angeles

4.San Diego

5.Tampa Bay

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I've brought in people who love it, people who found it appalling, and people who didn't see what the big deal was, with far more people in the latter two camps than the first. I do know a chef in New York who thinks the Cincinnati chili recipe is a masterpiece. I think it's just a very specific taste -- either you like it or you don't.

I don't eat it but I liked Gold Star as a kid.
    I saw a large choir group from Belgium (here for the World Choir Games) walking down Vine Street the other day with several large to-go bags of Skyline Chili. I wonder what they thought ...?

Turn Off Ads?