Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yasmani Grandal

Re: Yasmani Grandal

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Mesoraco needs to play everyday to hit, two starts a weeks is not doing it for him
    It's his first season, he is going to end up with probably 225+ AB's this season and play in close to 55-60 games which is a nice way to introduce hiim to the Majors his first season. Next year you flip him and Hanigan with Mesco catching 3 and Hannigan 2.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't mind Mesoraco's role this year, because he is at least getting to learn how to call a game and work with a major league staff, plus he's getting a good look at the National League hitters. I do agree that he would hit better if given more opportunities, but that's not going to happen this season barring an injury.

All I know is Mesoraco has an absolute gun for a right arm and his work behind the plate and with his pitchers improves daily. I'll worry about his hitting after he becomes an everyday player. It's way, way too early to worry about this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    It's his first season, he is going to end up with probably 225+ AB's this season and play in close to 55-60 games which is a nice way to introduce hiim to the Majors his first season. Next year you flip him and Hanigan with Mesco catching 3 and Hannigan 2.
    Yeah, because that's how Ivan Rodriguez, Joe Mauer, & Buster Posey got to be successful...

This kind of thinking is "head-desk" for me!

In fact, since Mesaroco hit 26 homers in AAA last year, he might just need to be the every day catcher and bat clean up between Votto & Bruce!

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    All I know is Mesoraco has an absolute gun for a right arm and his work behind the plate and with his pitchers improves daily. I'll worry about his hitting after he becomes an everyday player. It's way, way too early to worry about this kid.
    Well said, especially the last sentance.

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin88 View Post
    Does it actually matter? No it doesn't?

Okay, moving on then.
    I've been saying that ever since the Hamilton-Volquez trade. Nothing we can do about it. Move along.

Did anyone NOT think Grandal was going to post good minor league numbers? I certainly don't want to trade Hanigan, and you have to choose between Mes and Grandal as the future. I'm fine with the FO's choice.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

We'll get to see what Grandal can do now.

Good thing Latos seems to be kicking it in. Maybe Mesoraco can get off the interstate, too.

Nick Hundley, who signed a three-year, $9 million extension with the Padres in March, is headed to Triple-A Tucson. Top prospect catcher Yasmani Grandal is on his way up.

Grandal had a brief stint in the majors earlier this month, but he’ll get his first extended look at playing time now that Hundley will work through his struggles in the minors. Acquired from the Reds over the winter in the Mat Latos deal, the 23-year-old is hitting .335/.443/.521 with six homers, 35 RBI and a .963 OPS in 56 games at the Triple-A level this year.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...smani-grandal/

Grandel with 2 HR tonight

One from each side of the plate.
    Last edited by Jdattilo; 06-30-2012 at 09:33 PM.

We have two lefties above High A. Let's trade away a MLB ready switch hitting catcher who's never hit below .280 at any level and keep the guy who's hits around .200 and looks like something Bela Lugosi would play in a movie because he had one fluke 18 HR AAA season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Grandel with 2 HR tonight
    In COORS FIELD

Even leake could get 2 home runs there if he really tried to.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HataRade View Post
    In COORS FIELD

Even leake could get 2 home runs there if he really tried to.
    Post-humidor Coors Field, HataRade. Or is it HaterRade?

Last edited by malcontent; 06-30-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Vottobot

Anyone remember the name of the guy that hit a grand slam in his first at bat last year? Its only one game, lets not make him an all-star just yet

Also look what we got out of the deal today... 9 innings of 2 hit ball on the road
    Go Redlegs!!

Quote Originally Posted by tedies View Post
    Anyone remember the name of the guy that hit a grand slam in his first at bat last year? Its only one game, lets not make him an all-star just yet

Also look what we got out of the deal today... 9 innings of 2 hit ball on the road
    No I don't.

Turn Off Ads?