Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nyjer Morgan - that's Assault brother!

Re: Nyjer Morgan - that's Assault brother!

Guilty of being an immature 3 year old maybe with the jawing, but really nothing there. With the build up I was reading before I saw the replay, you would have thought he drew back and landed an elbow into his jaw. I would be suprised if he gets any kind of fine/suspension out of that - at least from MLB (Brewers as an org may see it differently). Hey, let's see Chapman top THAT!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Both guys were going after the ball which caused the contact. They were tangled for a bit and then Nyjer does shove the guy off with his glove. Not to harm, but more as a "get your paws off me" shove. Now I know Morgan's shove was uneccessary, but the fan kinda pinned Nyjer's glove in the bend of his arm for a second, hence the (harmless) jab a moment later. Simply the results of 2 young males coming into accidental physical contact going after a valuable (for different reasons) object. Hardly assault in my book...and I sure don't like the kneejerk thread title accusing a player of such.

Having said that I applaud the fan's actions and this only strengthens the case that Morgan is a punk.
    Last edited by kaldaniels; 06-27-2012 at 08:13 PM.

That was a shove out of frustration by a relatively immature guy. There was absolutely no intent (result) of harm. Maybe he gets a 1 game suspension or $10,000 fine or something on that magnitude as a slap on the wrist, but certainly nothing more than that.
    Last edited by RedsManRick; 06-27-2012 at 08:43 PM.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Both guys were going after the ball which caused the contact. They were tangled for a bit and then Nyjer does shove the guy off with his glove. Not to harm, but more as a "get your paws off me" shove. Now I know Morgan's shove was uneccessary, but the fan kinda pinned Nyjer's glove in the bend of his arm for a second, hence the (harmless) jab a moment later. Simply the results of 2 young males coming into accidental physical contact going after a valuable (for different reasons) object. Hardly assault in my book...and I sure don't like the kneejerk thread title accusing a player of such.

Having said that I applaud the fan's actions and this only strengthens the case that Morgan is a punk.
    Pretty much spot-on...

Nyjer regressed to his true form (he's a b-word), but wasn't malicious in his physical behavior... The fan stood his ground appropriately.

Not a lot to see here, but there probably will be minor financial or sit-your-butt-on-the-bench'ial repercussions for Morgan.

Too bad the Cubs are so crappy. The Reds are on their way to developing heated rivalries with pretty much all of their Central opponents...
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    No lawsuit. That'd be frivilous. But filing assualt charges is not the same thing. There's no doubt getting hit in the face with a fist/glove intentionally with anger is assualt.
    If Morgan is guilty of battery there would be nothing frivilous about a civil claim.

BTW, assualt is the threat of violence, not the violence itself.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    If Morgan is guilty of battery there would be nothing frivilous about a civil claim.

BTW, assualt is the threat of violence, not the violence itself.
    Anybody wishing to file assault charges on this case needs to report to me immediately... And wish your family goodbye. I'm deporting you to Europe where you will be forced to become a full-fledged soccer fan...

Enjoy stoppage time and penalty kicks!
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Worth The Wait

When I HEARD this today I was thinking big time suspension---maybe even the rest of the year. When I SAW it, I think it's pretty tame. Looks to me like the fan sort of inadvertently gets tangled with his glove and Morgan just kind of pulls it back and gives him an unnecessary, but very minor shove along the way. It's weird because we all know a ball in the stands is fair game (although I can think of a guy wearing headphones at a Cubs game a few years back who may not agree ).

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    When I HEARD this today I was thinking big time suspension---maybe even the rest of the year. When I SAW it, I think it's pretty tame. Looks to me like the fan sort of inadvertently gets tangled with his glove and Morgan just kind of pulls it back and gives him an unnecessary, but very minor shove along the way. It's weird because we all know a ball in the stands is fair game (although I can think of a guy wearing headphones at a Cubs game a few years back who may not agree ).
    Big difference when a Cubs fan prevents a Cubs player from catching the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post

The knee jerk thread title is in reference to Adam Sanders movie Billy Madison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUfGkEjuphE

Meant in jest. And I admitted to being sensitive to players not respecting the fans that pay them... sorry you don't like my thread title.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Sue Morgan. Go for it. Take it for what it is worth. The guy makes millions. Go for it. He is lucky the fan wasn't drunk or he may have jumped out of the stands and opened a Can of Whoop A...
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

I think the Brewers owe him am apology and a free trip to M-Walkee the next time the Reds are there. And an autographed baseball from Morgan.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    The knee jerk thread title is in reference to Adam Sanders movie Billy Madison.

That's assault brothaaa! - YouTube

Meant in jest. And I admitted to being sensitive to players not respecting the fans that pay them... sorry you don't like my thread title.
    Fair enough. I'd just rather this thread be about what a punk Morgan is rather than a debate of whether it was legally assault.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

No wonder his nickname is Nyjerk Morgan.

Worthy of a technical foul, but that's about all.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

This guy cracks me up. I hate to spread stupid stuff like this, but he's just amazing.
    http://deadspin.com/5975967/nyjer-mo...witter-account
    Nyjer Morgan - T Dot@TheRealTPlush
    I did something horrible today nation I cheated on my girlfriend I ruined her life and I will pay the price for this I loved her but was bad
    Nyjer Morgan - T Dot@TheRealTPlush
    What's good nation? NEWS ALERT! My account was hacked! I'm in the process of changing all my info and starting a new account! AAAAHHHH!

Turn Off Ads?