Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ......And here come the Cardinals!

Re: ......And here come the Cardinals!

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    Oh cynics of RedsZone... I believe he was referring to the point that the Cardinals were dealing with injuries and the Reds didn't open up a larger gap... Not to mention that one has to expect Wainwright to get stronger down the stretch...

But whatever...
    Respectfully, do the words that he types not count? "Put away" has a pretty clear meaning.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    "So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Stupid 1976 Reds... 6-27 and they haven't put away the Dodgers or the Padres

Code:
    CIN	44	28	.611	--	412	276	.675
    LAD	40	33	.548	 4.5	294	290	.506
    SDP	38	34	.528	 6.0	296	295	.502
    ATL	33	39	.458	11.0	309	309	.500
    HOU	32	40	.444	12.0	282	329	.430
    SFG	30	45	.400	15.5	281	348	.403
    talk about seriously underperforming the pythag of .675... I bet they make up for it in the second half and sweep through the playoffs. I'm calling the Padres a fraud, the 1976 version of the 2012 Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Respectfully, do the words that he types not count? "Put away" has a pretty clear meaning.

I mean, it's a fair assessment and all...

I guess that's the issue with posting on the internet... If I hear that comment in a bar, I can gauge intent and reply accordingly. In text, tone is the first thing that gets lost...

As I'm interpreting with free thought instead of using the dictionary to assess the true meaning of every word written, I took it to mean that the Reds may have missed a golden opportunity to widen the gap versus their most realistic challenge in the Central. However, you're free to deduce his intent on your own volition...
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

I mean, it's a fair assessment and all...

I guess that's the issue with posting on the internet... If I hear that comment in a bar, I can gauge intent and reply accordingly. In text, tone is the first thing that gets lost...

As I'm interpreting with free thought instead of using the dictionary to assess the true meaning of every word written, I took it to mean that the Reds may have missed a golden opportunity to widen the gap versus their most realistic challenge in the Central. However, you're free to deduce his intent on your own volition...
    Feel free to come to my defense anytime.

I hear you on the "tone" thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Feel free to come to my defense anytime.

I hear you on the "tone" thing though.

not bad for being 7 beers deep... Pretty sure that's how I do my best work...

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Yikes.

Reds had a chance to bust this open and put away that ailing Cardinal team.

Frustrating.
    Well, in the middle of April they went up by 5 games on us. Instead of putting us away, they faltered and let us back in.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Well, in the middle of April they went up by 5 games on us. Instead of putting us away, they faltered and let us back in.

Or the expected happened...

To anybody gauging the Cardinals before the season, the team looked great on paper. If healthy...

However, anybody banking on a full season of good health from Berkman and Beltran, along with their pitching staff (Carpenter had to be due for a breakdown soon and Wainwright would struggle with control early) staying strong, was in for a rude awakening... The Cardinals just weathered one such storm of injuries and only find themselves a couple of games back...

It's a legit concern.

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

I find it sad that supposedly Red fans want to complain and find fault that we are only in first place by 2 games.

Enjoy what we have.

You'll like it much better.

BTW, the Cards pigpen blows another one, as the Cards remain 2 games back.
    Last edited by PuffyPig; 06-27-2012 at 09:50 PM.

I find it sad that supposedly Red fans want to complain and find fault that we are only in first place by 2 games.

Enjoy what we have.

You'll like it much better.

BTW, the Cards pigpen blows another one, as the Cards remain 2 games back.

It's a fair assessment... If the Reds had Votto or Phillips on the DL at some point this season along with one of their top 2 pitchers, I'd be pretty happy to see them only 2 games back right now...

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    When exactly was our chance to put them away?
    I think it's a legit point though. Before the Cards went on this mini run, they had the 4th worst record dating back to May. The Reds remind me of the Cards of the first month. They had a good record but wasted some chances to pull ahead of the Reds even more that month. I think the same thing could be said for the Reds. The Cards were playing about as bad as any team could play including several sweeps against them in that time frame.

It's a fair assessment... If the Reds had Votto or Phillips on the DL at some point this season along with one of their top 2 pitchers, I'd be pretty happy to see them only 2 games back right now...
    That's how a lot of Cards fans are feeling right now. They had massive injuries yet only 2 games back? We'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I think it's a legit point though. Before the Cards went on this mini run, they had the 4th worst record dating back to May. The Reds remind me of the Cards of the first month. They had a good record but wasted some chances to pull ahead of the Reds even more that month. I think the same thing could be said for the Reds. The Cards were playing about as bad as any team could play including several sweeps against them in that time frame.
    We have gained 7 games on the Cards during that period. That's not to bad.

It's not great either considering how bad the Cards have been playing. Like I said, they had the 4th worst record since May. That would put them in company with the Cubs and Padres.

This thing is going to go back and fourth. I still believe that a team from the Central will also get a WC berth because nobody in the NL is running away with anything.

"too"... since this site is all literal and stuff..

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    It's not great either considering how bad the Cards have been playing. Like I said, they had the 4th worst record since May. That would put them in company with the Cubs and Padres.

This thing is going to go back and fourth. I still believe that a team from the Central will also get a WC berth because nobody in the NL is running away with anything.

Gonna be tough... East could go 3 deep... And don't count the DBacks out in the 2nd half... Getting Drew back will be big...

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Turn Off Ads?