Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Chapman's Double Roll-Yay or Nay?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • I loved Chapman's double Roll!! Let him show his excitement after a tough week!

11 30.56%
  • I hated Chapmans double roll. It embarrasses our classy organization

4 11.11%
  • Eh, I thought it was funny. I was like yay, and then I was like "LOL Chapman's rolling!"

8 22.22%
  • I didn't hate it, I didn't like it. It's okay once, but it should never be done again!

14 38.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Chapman Roll: Yay, or Nay? Take the Poll.

Chapman Roll: Yay, or Nay? Take the Poll.

I sort of want to know what the community thinks overall about Chapman double roll.

Are you cool about it? Do you think he embaressed us? Are you indifferent.

Take the poll, and lets see what this community thinks overall.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chapman Roll: Yay, or Nay? Take the Poll.

I hated it, because I'm old school I guess. Total bush league move and you can bet it won't ever happen again. I'll chalk it up to youth and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I hated it, because I'm old school I guess. Total bush league move and you can bet it won't ever happen again. I'll chalk it up to youth and move on.
    I was tempted to go there too but chose option D. It just isn't baseball... you want that kind of grandstanding then go watch the NBA. It wasn't as bush league as Nyjer Morgan shoving one of our fans in RF today on that foul ball, but it crossed the line.

Still, there are worse offenses. Unlike Smoltz, I'm not losing sleep over this.

game over people overreact way to much. i could careless.

If Molina did the Cards they beat us, everyone here would be mad. Chapman's been there before, he should act like it. It might be acceptable if he threw a perfect game, but he didn't. All he did was not blow another save.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    If Molina did the Cards they beat us, everyone here would be mad. Chapman's been there before, he should act like it. It might be acceptable if he threw a perfect game, but he didn't. All he did was not blow another save.
    "Should act like it."

I love this rationale in these kind of debates. We get PISSED when athletes for our teams act like robots, emotionless, like they don't care whether it's a W or L as long as they get a paycheck, but then we have this kind of double-standard when they do remind us that it's still a kid's game... and nothing more.

As a one-time deal that wasn't showing up the opposition, I thought it was great... and relieved a lot of angst that had built up lately.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

I don't want players to be emotionless robots, don't put words in my mouth. There's a difference between celebrating with your team mates or screaming when there's a walk off homer and doing somersaults. I don't think this is some kind of grand middle finger to the game of baseball, but I'm glad Dusty is mad about it. The last thing we need is for something like this to happen and then Votto takes a heater off of his wrist in retaliation.

If Chris Carpenter threw a complete game and did a cartwheel off the mound, this place would be seething and you know it. I know I would. I'm just not going to act like it's ok when a Red does it and not ok when anyone else does it.

Turn Off Ads?