Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Heading to Cincy..Holy Grail or

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Heading to Cincy..Holy Grail or

What do you guys think of these two places (Holy Grail/ TK's I love this Bar)? I like to drink a few so I don't mind loud. There is also a place over by the fountain that brews their own beer, pretty cool place...had a good time there when I was last in town (good beer and wings) name of the place escapes me....

Re: Heading to Cincy..Holy Grail or

Are you going before a game or just visiting Cincinnati?

Holy Grail is good. Great atmosphere with it being next to the stadium, and always busy.

Christian Moerlein Lager House just opened up. Great local beer selection and food.

toby keith's i heart this bar.....don't go.

You're thinking of Rock Bottom by the fountain. That place is fantastic.

Can't go wrong with any of those three. Don't go to toby keith. If you're going for a game I reccomend 1st Holy Grail and 2nd Moerlein, the atmosphere is better. If you're just visiting, go to Rock Bottom.

My wife and I are planning on taking in two on Sat Aug 25 and Sun Aug 26 against the Cards. Rock Bottom is in the Sat night dinner plans with The Holy Grail or maybe the Lager House that you recommend before the Sat game or right after. Planning to stay somewhere downtown close to the park and walking distance of bars/ Rock Bottom on Sat night.

Course, if we are going she better make her mind up quick because those games are looking to be HUGE.
    Last edited by bleedsred; 06-27-2012 at 09:30 PM.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Any time this question comes up, I need to plug the Hofbrauhaus in Newport.

Liters of beer, and get the newport sampler if you go. You can thank me later. Every time I go to Cincy I end up there more often than any other place.

All of the aforementioned place are great for sports and drinking. But if you're with the wife or girlfriend and want a great dinner while you're checking out the Reds, try Mccormick and Schmick's or Morton's. They're both downtown and literally right across the street from each other. The Montgomery Inn Boathouse is a great stop too, especially during the summer time.

Quote Originally Posted by jwmann2 View Post
    All of the aforementioned place are great for sports and drinking. But if you're with the wife or girlfriend and want a great dinner while you're checking out the Reds, try Mccormick and Schmick's or Morton's. They're both downtown and literally right across the street from each other. The Montgomery Inn Boathouse is a great stop too, especially during the summer time.
    Mccormick and Schmick's has a surprisingly good and cheap happy hour too for a "nicer" place. Just a consideration.

Went to TK's Sat. . Its was terrible, Bad service, bad sound, bad atmosphere. I love country bars, go to nashville ever year, and I hated it. Rock Bottom is Great.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Avoid the Toby Keith place like the plague. Holy Grail is nice though. Gets very very crowded before game time though so show up early.

I agree with everything said about Toby Keith's. I've never been there myself, but I know people who have drank there, ate there, and I have friends that work there. I have heard universally bad things about TKs.
    I'm also the type of person who prefers to go to locally owned, unique bars and restaurants. Holy Grail and Christian Moerlein fit that mold. Imagine how lousy an area like Wrigleyville would be if it was full of places like Have a Nice Day Cafe, Cadillac Ranch, Toby Keith's I love this bar, and Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
    No, give me a place with some character.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Turn Off Ads?