Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: How many victories will our Redlegs steal from the West Coast?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-2

3 4.29%
  • 3-4

10 14.29%
  • 5-6

40 57.14%
  • 7-8

15 21.43%
  • 9-10

2 2.86%

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: West Coast Swing, 2012 EDITION

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: West Coast Swing, 2012 EDITION

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    At BART now, look for me behind the dugout I'll be the white guy in fleece
    I've been trying to figure out BART for the past 2 days....the Giants' park is AT&T. No clue what BART is standing for.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I've been trying to figure out BART for the past 2 days....the Giants' park is AT&T. No clue what BART is standing for.
    me and you both. Dallas Latos mentioned something about BART on her Twitter acct.
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

Maybe we should change the poll question to:

Will the Reds score a run during this road trip
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Bay Area Roids Territory? :O)

Bay Area Rapid Transit

http://www.bart.gov/
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Ah. Thanks 757690. It's been bugging me.

Beat Another Reds Team....it's their city motto apparently
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Even as dissapointing as today's loss was you still have to be somewhat happy with a split in SF. LA is playing horribly and were going to miss Kershaw which is good. We still have a reasonable shot at getting 7 wins on the trip. 2 out of 3 in LA is very attainable, and theres no reason why we shouldn't beat down SD and take 3 of 4. Id settle for 6 wins but 7 is very much in reach at this point as long as we keep getting great starting pitching.

Today was still a very painful loss.Every opportunity was there and was blown every time.Bullpen is so skaky now I don't trust any of them.The bench has got to be fixed too.I wonder if it ever crosses Dustys mind to use Leake instead of Valdez in a key pinch hitting situation.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    Even as dissapointing as today's loss was you still have to be somewhat happy with a split in SF. LA is playing horribly and were going to miss Kershaw which is good. We still have a reasonable shot at getting 7 wins on the trip. 2 out of 3 in LA is very attainable, and theres no reason why we shouldn't beat down SD and take 3 of 4. Id settle for 6 wins but 7 is very much in reach at this point as long as we keep getting great starting pitching.

i agree. today sucked, could have won even without votto. with the pitching they through at us a split was fine by me. with LA playing bad we need 2 of 3 and then 3 of 4 in san diego.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Quote Originally Posted by vic715 View Post
    Today was still a very painful loss.Every opportunity was there and was blown every time.Bullpen is so skaky now I don't trust any of them.The bench has got to be fixed too.I wonder if it ever crosses Dustys mind to use Leake instead of Valdez in a key pinch hitting situation.

i agree! if the reds do anything at the trade deadline thats a must.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

LA up 8-3. i hope they got their weeks worth of runs out of their system

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by vic715 View Post
    I agree it was a painful loss, but it would have been an exceptionally painful loss for the Giants too.

The left an insurance runner at third with one out in the 8th. Other than Frazier's HR, we had zero offense through 8 innings.

Basically we blew one opportunity. It happens. To me, the blown opportunity was Ludwicks failure to score from second on Cairo's hit. It was in front of him, I'm not sure why he didn't score. He looked like he would have been easily safe.

Certainly our short bench was a factor, but nothIng you can do about that.

If we would have had the lead going into the bottom half of the 9th I would have been more dissapointed. I agree our offense was non-existent until the 6th and even then we didn't muster too much. The loss to Detroit on Sunday night was the most painful loss of the year IMO. That one hurt the next day

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

A lot of Reds' supporters feared that the West coast trip might bury us in the standings.

Well, we are 4 games into it and our lead over the Cards has actually increased by half a game, as we went 2-2 with the Giants while the Cards went 1-2 vs. the Pirates.

So, 7 games to go, and the next 7 should be easier than the first 4.

If we go even 3-4, the Cards would have to go 6-1 to have a half game lead over us at the break.

Now, I realize that I haven't mentioned the Pirates, but I have less fear that they could or will bury us in the standings.

Turn Off Ads?