Re: 6.29.12 Reds @ SF Giants

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    +1
    Finally saw the highlight, agree.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Yeah I suppose that makes it a somewhat reasonable question, but even I know that is a decision the suits make when it comes to the pros...not a specific player.
    Not exactly true. When Big Z pitched for the Cubs, they always wore their blues whenever he started (home or away) because he preferred them.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Reds occasionally wear the red Jerseys on the road. (OCCASIONALLY, mind you, not every day like the Brewers and Twins do with their blue tops.)
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Mike Leake over Matt Cain.

Who would have thunked it? I certainly didn't.

Baseball is a funny game.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

My baseball signature sums up how I feel about last night's win... (thanks to lollipopcurve)
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Mike frickin Leake. What sub-sixfoot righthander skips the minor leagues, slaps #44 on his back, goes out and starts winning in the double digits and hitting around .300?

Who does that?

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Man, I'm so bummed. I watched the game until around the 6th inning or so and then my internet connection went out for the remainder of the night. I missed the Leake dinger and seeing him finish out a complete game gem. Congrats to Mike on a beauty of a game. Kudos to Bruce as well. 4 for 4. That'll work. :O) Let's take the series win tonight boys!

~edit~ I went back and re-read the gamethread....my connection went out as Leake was stepping to the plate for the dinger. Man, that SUCKS!
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 06-30-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    mmmmmm pitching.
    Just think if Chapman's funk hadn't come along where we would be.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Man, I'm so bummed. I watched the game until around the 6th inning or so and then my internet connection went out for the remainder of the night. I missed the Leake dinger and seeing him finish out a complete game gem. Congrats to Mike on a beauty of a game. Kudos to Bruce as well. 4 for 4. That'll work. :O) Let's take the series win tonight boys!

~edit~ I went back and re-read the gamethread....my connection went out as Leake was stepping to the plate for the dinger. Man, that SUCKS!
    I watched the highlights online this a.m. Very nice game. This team is alot of fun in games like this. How many complete games are we up to this season?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?