Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Female Reporter Exodus From ESPN

Re: Female Reporter Exodus From ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Andrews may have a certain following simply because of her looks (and I actually don't understand why some are so gaga over her looks), but IMHO, she generally tried to bring substance. She's probably too talented for the cliche that is sideline reporter.
    I'm not gaga over her looks, but, she most certainly is a fine looking woman.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

There have been alot of their people leave due to money issues. If any of ya ever listen to the "Bob and Tom" show, they have a gal on there that has done work for ESPN in the past. Her name is Kristi Lee. She wasnt a big personality, but did quite a bit of work for them doing the x-games and such. But anyways, she used to say that ESPN stood for "Extemely Slow Paying Network"!

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    Yeah, I need to write a book entitled......"A million and one things I would like to do with Erin Andrews."!

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    My wife is a fine woman. Erin and all other women for that matter are hopelessly flawed in comparison.

But Erin is a better sports reporter than my wife could be-she'll always have that.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Beadle and Andrews leaving are probably for bigger and better things. It's true that ESPN can be pretty frugal. Also, the people who worked there haven't exactly been enamored with the social life Bristol offers. However, ESPN has had some sexual harassment scandals in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Yeah, I need to write a book entitled......"A million and one things I would like to do with Erin Andrews."!
    number 2. well that was quick, take the remaining time to think of some more things

i heard she wanted a bigger role but espn didn't think she was as good as she thought she was. no source just what i heard

Re: Bimbo Exodus From ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If that's what you're saying then you're just refusing to address my question. I understand you weren't saying that looks "weren't part of the reason ESPN hired her", that's why I asked the question of you. Instead of answering it, you decided to make another point, one which you'd already made.

Since you've decided to go down that road, let's pursue it. What do you see about her that makes her damn good at what she does? What sets her apart from other sideline reporters? What is it that sets her apart from Shelley Smith, Holly Rowe and Wendi Nix?

Remember ESPN Radio's Fabulous Sports Babe? She was on radio and the early days of ESPN 2 in the 1990s. Definitely knew her sports but there was clearly a reason why her career never went beyond radio...
    Wow, I had completely forgotten about the Fabulous Sports Babe. I considered her the Roseanne Barr of sports radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If that's what you're saying then you're just refusing to address my question. I understand you weren't saying that looks "weren't part of the reason ESPN hired her", that's why I asked the question of you. Instead of answering it, you decided to make another point, one which you'd already made.

Since you've decided to go down that road, let's pursue it. What do you see about her that makes her damn good at what she does? What sets her apart from other sideline reporters? What is it that sets her apart from Shelley Smith, Holly Rowe and Wendi Nix?

Remember ESPN Radio's Fabulous Sports Babe? She was on radio and the early days of ESPN 2 in the 1990s. Definitely knew her sports but there was clearly a reason why her career never went beyond radio...
    Ok, what makes her so terrible? Why is she undeserving of a job, and why does she deserve to be labeled a "bimbo." How is that fair?

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Ok, what makes her so terrible? Why is she undeserving of a job, and why does she deserve to be labeled a "bimbo." How is that fair?
    When did I say Erin Andrews wasn't deserving of a job? She certainly is. She did nothing that deserved a firing.

As for being a bimbo, she's where she is because of her body, looks, makeup and hair coloring. I think we can all agree that Chris Berman isn't at ESPN for those reasons

Turn Off Ads?