Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Adam Eaton

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Adam Eaton

23 year old DBack prospect in AAA, Springfield native. Would look nice in a Reds uniform.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=eaton-002ada

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/...couting-report
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Adam Eaton

Nice. I've been thinking about starting a thread about Eaton myself.

Reno is notorious for inflating hitters' numbers. While searching for info on Eaton a few weeks ago I came across a DBacks blog post that calculated that you need to subtract 240 points of OPS (100 OBP and 140 SLG) from a Reno hitter to estimate what they'd do in the bigs. That would put Eaton around .355 OBP and .383 SLG. Sounds a lot like he'd give close to what a David DeJesus would give except Adam can still play CF.

http://www.azsnakepit.com/2012/6/11/...ctors-altitude

I don't think you could pry him from Arizona - they are very high in him, not just baseball but the intangibles. He scores off the charts. And he's a personal favorite of Towers - I expect to see him in Arizona next season if not sooner.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Would you trade Corcino straight up for Eaton?

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    No.

Nice article about Eaton...kid's a player and he's got Brett Butlers stamp of approval

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/07/0...76&feedID=3607

Yes.

The Reds have a large number of high quality young starting prospects. Ordinarily I'd say no - a good pitcher for a good position polayer. Nope. But in this case with the Reds so thin at upper levels I'd say yes. Plus I really like this kid Eaton.

I'm not sure I'd trade Corcino for Eaton either. But I'm perplexed by the Reds lack of quality outfield prospects.

I'm not sure I'd trade Corcino for Eaton either. But I'm perplexed by the Reds lack of quality outfield prospects.
    They drafted 4 outfielders over the first 9 rounds of the draft, so I think they tried to address that. Kyle Waldrop was very raw when he signed, but he has made a lot of progress. Ryan LaMarre may not be all that flashy, but he has been consistently good at every level. I realize people are in a hurry to trade for a Stubbs replacement, but the Reds' best option for that might be in AA right now.

You're perplexed huh... I think they have a bunch of good outfield prospects coming up! Maybe you need to look a little harder!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by j_m_t_us View Post
    You're perplexed huh... I think they have a bunch of good outfield prospects coming up! Maybe you need to look a little harder!!!!
    No startling prospects. Some decent ones, yes. I'm not overly excited about any of them.

LaMarre and Fellhauer - look 4th outfielder or adequate if need be starters to me. I see somewhere between Stubbs and Heisey if that.

Waldrop and Lutz look better. Still none of them tend to make think All Star or hurry up and get here! Lutz could really break out, though, if he starts whomping the long ball like I think he can.

Hamilton as a CFer is the only one that makes me think what if..?

The best prospects are the guys just drafted, imo.

I have. And I'm talking about double A or triple A prospects. Not guys that are 2 to 4 years away.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    No startling prospects. Some decent ones, yes. I'm not overly excited about any of them.

LaMarre and Fellhauer - look 4th outfielder or adequate if need be starters to me. I see somewhere between Stubbs and Heisey if that.

Waldrop and Lutz look better. Still none of them tend to make think All Star or hurry up and get here! Lutz could really break out, though, if he starts whomping the long ball like I think he can.

Hamilton as a CFer is the only one that makes me think what if..?

The best prospects are the guys just drafted, imo.
    Fellhauer I would agree is a 4th outfielder type player because he doesn't normally play when there's a left handed starting pitcher on the mound. I think though you are under estimating LaMarre. I see him as a future everyday center fielder whether it be with the Reds or with another team. Not sure what you don't like but this guy is the perfect prototype leadoff guy! There's an article out there today that was written about this on CincyHardball.com: "Could LaMarre Be a Future Leadoff Hitter? OF Steals Home in Pensacola Win"... I guess we will have to agree to disagree!

Fellhauer I would agree is a 4th outfielder type player because he doesn't normally play when there's a left handed starting pitcher on the mound. I think though you are under estimating LaMarre. I see him as a future everyday center fielder whether it be with the Reds or with another team. Not sure what you don't like but this guy is the perfect prototype leadoff guy! There's an article out there today that was written about this on CincyHardball.com: "Could LaMarre Be a Future Leadoff Hitter? OF Steals Home in Pensacola Win"... I guess we will have to agree to disagree!
    I might be underestimating LaMarre a bit and I do like him better than Fellhauer, and I like Bryson Smith, too, but all are 2 years away anyway. Maybe the end of next year. Anything else is really rushing them.

Turn Off Ads?