Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Adam Eaton

Re: Adam Eaton

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    But Camisa - I agreed with that 100% if you'll re-read my post. I said the generations as a whole get faster and stronger- but there were always exceptional athletes who could cross generations and play in any time period. We are reaching a point where that might not be true for the earliest eras any longer. Not totally, but almost. I mean would George Wright still be a superior athlete if he was competing today? I tend to think he would be fairly average if that good. In the 1860s he was the epitome of an athlete. I don;t disagree with Doug at all. I just think a single generation isn't as big a difference overall as he seems to think - we disagree more in degree than substance.
    Ah, okay. Sorry about that. You typed a lot of words, and my attention span only lets me skim. In that case, I probably agree with you. I guess I was still responding to Vottomatic's argument more than anything else.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If I said Adam Eaton is a throwback player, would that satisfy everyone on this thread?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Depends what you mean when you say a throwback.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    If I said Adam Eaton is a throwback player, would that satisfy everyone on this thread?
    That dependson what the meaning of "is" is.

The Dbacks have recalled Adam Eaton, he will be playing centerfield and batting leadoff tonight against the Giants.

The Dbacks have recalled Adam Eaton, he will be playing centerfield and batting leadoff tonight against the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Az. Reds Fan View Post
    It's like deja vu all over again.

Eaton hit for the cycle tonight, scored 4 runs, knocked in 5, stole 3 bases.

Just kidding. He's 1-3 with a double and a run scored.

Gregorius and Stubbs for Eaton and a prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Eaton hit for the cycle tonight, scored 4 runs, knocked in 5, stole 3 bases.

Just kidding. He's 1-3 with a double and a run scored.

Gregorius and Stubbs for Eaton and a prospect.

Why in the world would Arizona even consider that trade?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Why in the world would Arizona even consider that trade?
    They already inquired about Gregorius. They traded Stephen Drew and are seeking a major league ready prospect.

I can't see anyone on the D-Backs roster I'd trade for or want to give up the farm for (Upton). Eaton is a high OBP CF with little power but good speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    They already inquired about Gregorius. They traded Stephen Drew and are seeking a major league ready prospect.

I can't see anyone on the D-Backs roster I'd trade for or want to give up the farm for (Upton). Eaton is a high OBP CF with little power but good speed.
    I just don't see them giving up Eaton for him. Plus, Stubbs just doesn't seem like a Kirk Gibson type of player.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

The Dbacks actually already have a Stubbs of their own, his name is Chris Young, and he'll be run out of town this off season, if they can pawn him off on somebody.

Assuming Eaton plays well the rest of the season, I would expect him to be the Dbacks opening day centerfielder in 2013.

Small sample size. 40 major league at-bats, .275 average, .396 OBP.

First 5 games were all multi-hit games. Didn't get a hit in the next 13 at-bats, but only struck out once in that stretch with 4 walks. 8 walks total, and only 4 K's in 40 at-bats. 1 stolen base.

Small sample size, but I'd put money on it right now he's going to be a solid leadoff guy.

Wish the Reds would have tried to acquire him.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

OBP up to .423.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Turn Off Ads?