Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Offseason News

Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

I am starting to think the Rockets will be playing in the D-League this season.
    No Dragic, no Lowry, no Lee, no Scola.

2. Turn Off Ads?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/82...-deal-complete

This deal puts the Lakers in a real good position to compete with the Heat for the next few years.Should be a fun rivalry.

If that deal is approved it's so stupid for Orlando.

1. They don't get rid of Hedo's contract.
    2. They dont get even 1 of the 2 best players after dwight in the deal
    3. The other 3 teams all are big winners

the Brooklyn deal offered earlier would've been better than this garbage they get back. They traded a clear top 3 player in the league for an ok player, waste of a roster spot in Al Harrington, Vucevic, 3 likely mid to late 1st rd draft picks and Mo Harkless.

After watching Stern veto the CP3 trade, he has to veto this right? They'd be better just letting him play it out and take a 1/100 shot he re-signs with Orlando and having walk away the other 99 times.
    Last edited by ervinsm84; 08-09-2012 at 11:14 PM.
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Quote Originally Posted by ervinsm84 View Post
    If that deal is approved it's so stupid for Orlando.

1. They don't get rid of Hedo's contract.
    2. They dont get even 1 of the 2 best players after dwight in the deal
    3. The other 3 teams all are big winners

the Brooklyn deal offered earlier would've been better than this garbage they get back. They traded a clear top 3 player in the league for an ok player, waste of a roster spot in Al Harrington, 3 likely mediocre 1st rd draft picks and Mo Harkless.

After watching Stern veto the CP3 trade, he has to veto this right? They'd be better just letting him play it out and take a 1/100 shot he re-signs with Orlando and having walk away the other 99 times.
    He can't veto this trade.The only reason he was able to veto the CP3 trade is because the league owns the team.It was simply the owner vetoing the trade and not Stern acting as commissioner.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    He can't veto this trade.The only reason he was able to veto the CP3 trade is because the league owns the team.It was simply the owner vetoing the trade and not Stern acting as commissioner.
    I know that was the reason used in the CP3 trade, but I figured the NBA had some rule that was similar to what MLB had when the commissioner blocked the A's trade for "best interest of the game" or some other non sense that was pulled in the 70's when they tried to sell off Vida Blue, Rollie Fingers and someone else.
    Newsflash!

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Orlando was holding out and waiting for....this deal? Really?

Orlando had no negotiating power and it is very difficult to get what they wanted, lottery picks. To get lottery picks, you need to involve a really bad team and send them bad players (the Knicks were professionals at sending away lottery picks for years). It was just not going to happen for them. Afflalo is a tradeable asset and can net them some more freedom in the future.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

What they didn't get in quality, they sure got in quantity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I guess I don't get why they'd turn down the Rockets deal and take this one. Those 3 picks are more than likely going to be in the 20s and how often do those turn into big time players?

At worst you hang onto him and deal him mid season. Dwight was in a position where he had to play hard. Taking this deal makes no sense to me from Orlando's point of view. The Lakers and 76ers are a lot better though.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I guess I don't get why they'd turn down the Rockets deal and take this one. Those 3 picks are more than likely going to be in the 20s and how often do those turn into big time players?

At worst you hang onto him and deal him mid season. Dwight was in a position where he had to play hard. Taking this deal makes no sense to me from Orlando's point of view. The Lakers and 76ers are a lot better though.
    So are the Nuggets.

The perimeter defense is much improved with Iggy and Brewer at the 2/3.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Orlando had no negotiating power and it is very difficult to get what they wanted, lottery picks. To get lottery picks, you need to involve a really bad team and send them bad players (the Knicks were professionals at sending away lottery picks for years). It was just not going to happen for them. Afflalo is a tradeable asset and can net them some more freedom in the future.
    Spot-on.

But I still believe that jettisoning Stan Van Gundy was an inane move.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

This is why the NBA is a joke. Why should the Magic even have any fans? Shag left. T-Mac left. Howard leaves. And they get NOTHING in return. In baseball, at least if you trade your stars, you can get a legit package in return. And even if you don't, there's still the hope of developing stars in your farm system. Where's that hope in basketball? You need to pray for a once in a generation guy in the draft, like a Durant or LeBron, or you're never competing for a title in a million years.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    This is why the NBA is a joke. Why should the Magic even have any fans? Shag left. T-Mac left. Howard leaves. And they get NOTHING in return. In baseball, at least if you trade your stars, you can get a legit package in return. And even if you don't, there's still the hope of developing stars in your farm system. Where's that hope in basketball? You need to pray for a once in a generation guy in the draft, like a Durant or LeBron, or you're never competing for a title in a million years.
    Orlando has had much more success then a great deal many other franchises in the NBA along with countless other franchises in professional leagues.I think maybe someone just doesn't like the NBA or else you're a Celtic fan.

If you let me pick 5 MLB teams for you to take and I'll take the Magic I'd bet my team will make the playoffs before any of your teams do.
    Last edited by Captain Hook; 08-11-2012 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Nuggets managed to get a pretty decent haul w/o any negotiating power in a worse spot where a player was open to exactly one team. Hornets got back way more as well with a player open to multiple places. HGH is a top 3 player in the league in his prime. Unquestionably a better asset than Melo and CP3 when their deals went through. I don't understand how a gm can't get remotely close to the value of either of those two deals. The only explanation is the magic GM was completely played in this situation.

If this was truly the best offer they could get between now and Feb, and there's no way it was, why not just wait til the trade deadline and hope fickle dwight gets more fickle and changes his mind and wants to stay in Orlando. This deal improved the other 3 teams so much that I highly doubt if this deal was turned down now, and the Magic GM came knocking at the trade deadline that these 3 teams would say no way not interested.

If they waited, another team between now and then may give them a much better offer than what they are getting now. Or maybe the Lakers don't like where they are at the deadline and say ok we'll give up Pau + Bynum just to make sure they get him.
    Newsflash!

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Orlando has had much more success then a great deal many other franchises in the NBA along with countless other franchises in professional leagues.I think maybe someone just doesn't like the NBA or else you're a Celtic fan.

If you let me pick 5 MLB teams for you to take and I'll take the Magic I'd bet my team will make the playoffs before any of your teams do.
    not really sure what that proves considering

1. one league has a form of a salary cap and the other doesn't have any
    2. Making the MLB playoffs is harder than the NBA playoffs
    Newsflash!

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Turn Off Ads?