Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 221

Thread: 2013 NBA Offseason News

  1. #136
    Member improbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    It is sounding like the Cavs pulled out of a potential Dwight deal because people were complaining about them being involved in creating another superteam (although it also possible that Kris Humphries is unwilling to sign the necessary deal to make it work). If that is true, it is sad. Teams get involved in facilitating these deals because they want to show that they are willing and able traders. It reminds me a lot of fantasy sports. Every league has guys who are fair traders and will look at a deal, guys who will always try to trick other owners, and guys who simply refuse to trade. It is much better for a team to have the reputation of the first guy, not the other two. I really hope this isn't true about Cleveland.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #137
    Member improbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    I just downloaded the NBA Summer League App. I have a problem.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

  4. #138
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Posts
    273

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I just downloaded the NBA Summer League App. I have a problem.
    I am no doctor, but I concur with this diagnosis.

    Rumors have Batum going to the land of mosquito bites and frostbite, the Blazers getting two first-rounders from Minnesota, along with Korver from the Bulls, with the Bulls getting a second and getting out from under the $5 mil they owe Kutcher with a jump shot.

    As a Blazers fan, I'd be ecstatic with this trade. There's a decent chance one of those first-round picks could be lottery balls, and I think the purported contract offer, that strangely has never seen the light of day, is an overpay for Batum.

    The Blazers would really be pushing back their window of competitiveness though. Not much to hope for in the coming seasons, were the trade to go through.

  5. #139
    Member 5TimeWSChamps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    992

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    I am no doctor, but I concur with this diagnosis.

    Rumors have Batum going to the land of mosquito bites and frostbite, the Blazers getting two first-rounders from Minnesota, along with Korver from the Bulls, with the Bulls getting a second and getting out from under the $5 mil they owe Kutcher with a jump shot.

    As a Blazers fan, I'd be ecstatic with this trade. There's a decent chance one of those first-round picks could be lottery balls, and I think the purported contract offer, that strangely has never seen the light of day, is an overpay for Batum.

    The Blazers would really be pushing back their window of competitiveness though. Not much to hope for in the coming seasons, were the trade to go through.
    Well, if Portland is seriously going to match whatever offer comes their way, then Kahn would be stupid to offer it while still negotiating a S&T.

    If no S&T is worked out, then the offer sheet will be submitted.

    Darko was amnestied today as well to clear up the CAP space needed to sign Batum to the offer sheet if no S&T.

  6. #140
    Member 5TimeWSChamps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    992
    Batum signs offer sheet. Just waiting for Portland to match.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

  7. #141
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Bedford, KY
    Posts
    8,992

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    If that's the deal, it's a brilliant one for Portland. Korver and Babbit can platoon at the small forward spot, with Matthews as the SG while they look to the draft picks over the next couple of years.

    Minnesota makes out well, too. They're going for it now and have a nice team (though it's a little light on big men).
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

  8. #142
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Posts
    273

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Well, if Portland is seriously going to match whatever offer comes their way, then Kahn would be stupid to offer it while still negotiating a S&T.

    If no S&T is worked out, then the offer sheet will be submitted.

    Darko was amnestied today as well to clear up the CAP space needed to sign Batum to the offer sheet if no S&T.
    The reason I mention it is many in Portland thought Batum's agent was possibly bluffing in regard to the Timberwolves offer. And there wouldn't of been anything stupid about signing the offer on July 11, it just would have started the clock ticking.

    As of now, I'd expect the Blazers to match. I don't think Olshey wants to pony up that kind of money for Batum, but he's made it clear that he's even less inclined to let talent walk out the door with no return.

  9. #143
    All Fired Up Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    1,504

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    The Rockets have decided to waive PF Luis Scola using the amnesty clause in order to clear salary space to make a run at Dwight Howard, according to Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski.
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

  10. #144
    Moderator Gallen5862's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wilmington,NC
    Posts
    6,387

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...humphries.html

    LAS VEGAS D.J Augustin is gone at point guard, free agent Ramon Sessions will replace him, and power forward Kris Humphries and center Brendan Haywood could end up Charlotte Bobcats, too.
    The Bobcats came to terms with Sessions Thursday, then rescinded a $4 million-plus qualifying offer to four-year Bobcat Augustin. That made Augustin an unrestricted free agent, and immediately Augustin signed a one-year, $3.5 million deal with the Indiana Pacers.

    Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy

  11. #145
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,304

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I just downloaded the NBA Summer League App. I have a problem.
    I like watching summer league games but Chris Webber makes some of the games nearly un watchable.

  12. #146
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Bedford, KY
    Posts
    8,992

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...humphries.html

    LAS VEGAS D.J Augustin is gone at point guard, free agent Ramon Sessions will replace him, and power forward Kris Humphries and center Brendan Haywood could end up Charlotte Bobcats, too.
    The Bobcats came to terms with Sessions Thursday, then rescinded a $4 million-plus qualifying offer to four-year Bobcat Augustin. That made Augustin an unrestricted free agent, and immediately Augustin signed a one-year, $3.5 million deal with the Indiana Pacers.

    Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy
    Augustin might not make a bad backup as a point guard. (I guess.) But, last year, he couldn't shoot, didn't defend, and wouldn't pass. Turnover-prone, too. Too short to be a combo guard and can't dribble or pass well enough to be a point.

    Bleh.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

  13. #147
    All Fired Up Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    1,504

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Augustin might not make a bad backup as a point guard. (I guess.) But, last year, he couldn't shoot, didn't defend, and wouldn't pass. Turnover-prone, too. Too short to be a combo guard and can't dribble or pass well enough to be a point.

    Bleh.
    Collison wouldn't, by all accounts, accept a back-up role. Hence, he and Dantay Jones were jettisoned to Dallas for Ian Mahinmi.

    Plus, Lance Stephenson can also handle the ball and pairing him with Augustin on the second unit may actually work.

    Factor in Gerald Green, and the Pacers' bench, a key factor in their playoff demise, is much improved.
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

  14. #148
    All Fired Up Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    1,504

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    Per Rotoworld.

    The Knicks acquired Raymond Felton and Kurt Thomas via sign-and-trade on Saturday, sending Jared Jeffries and Dan Gadzuric to the Trail Blazers.
    Translation: The Knicks will NOT match Houston's offer sheet for Jeremy Lin.

    The Raptors officially have Landry Fields under contract for three years and $19 million, after the Knicks declined to match their offer sheet on Saturday.
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

  15. #149
    CELEBRATION TIME RBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    13,983

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    Jason Kidd arrested in single car accident(DWI).

  16. #150
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Jason Kidd arrested in single car accident(DWI).
    Kidd will be tried as an adult.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25