Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Offseason News

Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    The Hawks are getting really interesting, they seem to have shipped Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams, their two worst contracts, and may have entered the Dwight Howard sweepstakes. It also seems that Deron is staying in Brooklyn.
    If they don't tender Teague after next year, they only have Al Horford on the books at $12 mil.

They can sign Dwight Howard and Chris Paul with no problems

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Nets with Johnsonm Lopez, and Williams have three solid players plus MarShon Brooks. But who's going to play PF? Who can they afford?

That's such a poorly run organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    The Nets with Johnsonm Lopez, and Williams have three solid players plus MarShon Brooks. But who's going to play PF? Who can they afford?

That's such a poorly run organization.
    Guessing they will end up resigning Kris Humphries. They also have Gerald Wallace

Deron Williams PG
    Joe Johnson SG
    Gerald Wallace SG
    PF?
    Robin Lopez C

MarShon Brooks G
    Tyshayn Taylor PG

That's their entire team right there. The two foreign guys don't look like they're going to come over. And, assuming Lopez and Williams sign for the money expected, they're over the cap already.

So I'm playing around with ESPN's Trade Machine:

Who says no?

Minnesota Timberwolves get:

Pau Gasol

Los Angeles Lakers get:

Dwight Howard
    Derrick Williams
    J.J. Barea
    Brad Miller's non-guaranteed contract (Not sure buyout off top of my head)

Orlando Magic get:

Andrew Bynum
    Martell Webster's non-guaranteed contract ($600k buyout)

I absolutely do not want Gasol, BTW. Just messing around with the trade machine

That works for all three teams, IMO.

Nice job. (Assuming the T'Wolves still want Gasol to play hybrid C/PF with Love.)

I like this version more:

TWolves get:
    Andrew Bynum
    Von Wafer

Lakers get:
    Dwight Howard
    Brad Miller's non-guaranteed contract
    Martell Webster's non-guaranteed contract

Orlando gets:
    Pau Gasol
    Derrick Williams

^ And a trade like that would be the only way I move Derrick Williams

Don't think Orlando does it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Don't think Orlando does it though.
    Not in that form, Minny would also send the Memphis 1st they own in 2013 and their own 1st in 2014 to the deal

They were very shortsighted and petty with both Oden and Roy (I get the feeling Roy retired to get away from Portland)...
    I know this is pages back and now off topic, but I can't but help mention how absurd it is to suggest he retired to leave the city. As a Blazers fan and a someone who lived in the city and still has connections there, I can assure you that's not the case. (If you have any intel to back up your speculation, I'd be happy to read it.)

He was unquestionably "the man" on that team, signed to a max contract, playing in the NBA city closest to his hometown. Portland absolutely adored Roy, and from all indications the love was mutual.

He retired because he was extremely frustrated with his knees. The pain was supposedly unbearable, he often couldn't practice, and his minutes were limited as a result.

It will be hard to watch Roy play elsewhere, but I wish him the best and would be thrilled, if not with a taste of bittersweet, to see him return to his old form.

Hopefully in Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    I know this is pages back and now off topic, but I can't but help mention how absurd it is to suggest he retired to leave the city. As a Blazers fan and a someone who lived in the city and still has connections there, I can assure you that's not the case. (If you have any intel to back up your speculation, I'd be happy to read it.)

He was unquestionably "the man" on that team, signed to a max contract, playing in the NBA city closest to his hometown. Portland absolutely adored Roy, and from all indications the love was mutual.

He retired because he was extremely frustrated with his knees. The pain was supposedly unbearable, he often couldn't practice, and his minutes were limited as a result.

It will be hard to watch Roy play elsewhere, but I wish him the best and would be thrilled, if not with a taste of bittersweet, to see him return to his old form.
    I wasn't talking about the city, more the organization.

http://zigsports.wordpress.com/2012/...what-happened/
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

I wasn't talking about the city, more the organization.

http://zigsports.wordpress.com/2012/...what-happened/
    The organization as a whole, primarily upstairs, isn't exactly a bedrock of honesty and candidness, but I think that often gets more credit than it's due. That said Paul Allen and Larry Miller are not particularly likeable folks.

I have little doubt that there's some truth to Ziegler's accusations, but to think Portland wasn't considering the long-game in dealing with Roy's knees seems silly. Was he rushed back on demand of management for the 2011 playoffs? Hard to say. But it would be unspeakably foolish for an organization a year into a max contract to rush the star player back at peril of his future.

Allen and Miller have made some tremendously stupid moves, usually from a PR standpoint, but the team was built around Roy, to the point of input in moves, and that amount of influence and respect leave it hard for me to believe he wanted to leave town so badly as to retire.

Turn Off Ads?