Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 221

Thread: 2013 NBA Offseason News

  1. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    992

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    So this link is saying Batum's signed an offer sheet iwth Minny. Not sure how I feel about $12.5 mil per though

    http://www.thescore.com/home/article...sheet-to-batum

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #77
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Bedford, KY
    Posts
    8,992

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    Batum would solve a lot of problems in Minnesota.

    They still need a big though, yes?
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

  4. #78
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    992

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Batum would solve a lot of problems in Minnesota.

    They still need a big though, yes?
    Backup big behind Love/Pekovic

    They are talking to Jordan Hill and Steisma

  5. #79
    All Fired Up Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    1,522

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Backup big behind Love/Pekovic

    They are talking to Jordan Hill and Steisma
    Not sure if they'll land him, but a shotblocker like Stiemsma is the type of big man that they need.

    I'm not sure that Hill can help in that regard.
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

  6. #80
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Posts
    284

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    So this link is saying Batum's signed an offer sheet iwth Minny. Not sure how I feel about $12.5 mil per though

    http://www.thescore.com/home/article...sheet-to-batum
    The previous report said Minnesota was open to a sign-and-trade. Would Derrick Williams straight up be a possibility? He didn't exactly light the world on fire last year (15/8 per36 at 41% from the field and 27% from 3).

  7. #81
    Member improbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,089

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    Do any of the stars changing teams actually know what the Heat did? All three of the stars took less money than the max to make sure they could sign each other and have some room left over for role players. Even with those savings, their teams was fairly thin. So, how does Deron expect to get Dwight, and Joe Johnson, and have any room for other players? How did Amare and Carmelo expect to have enough room to sign other players?
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

  8. #82
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    992
    Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    The previous report said Minnesota was open to a sign-and-trade. Would Derrick Williams straight up be a possibility? He didn't exactly light the world on fire last year (15/8 per36 at 41% from the field and 27% from 3).
    No, I think Minny is thinking Ridnour and a 1st. I doubt D-Will enters the convo. JmO

  9. #83
    Member improbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,089

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    I was looking at some contracts and saw some real whoppers. The Bobcats are goings to be spending $27 million combined on Ben Gordon, Tyrus Thomas, and Dasagna Diop. Golden State is paying $19 million for Richard Jefferson and Andres Biedrins. Detroit is paying 26 million to Corey Maggette, Rodney Stuckey, and Charlie Villanueva. Wow. That is only going to the letter G.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

  10. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Posts
    284

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    No, I think Minny is thinking Ridnour and a 1st. I doubt D-Will enters the convo. JmO
    Yeah, I've seen Ridnour's name floated. Obviously, I was hoping for a little more. After a mildly inauspicious rookie season, what's the temperature on Derrick Williams in Minnesota?

    Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I was looking at some contracts and saw some real whoppers. The Bobcats are goings to be spending $27 million combined on Ben Gordon, Tyrus Thomas, and Dasagna Diop. Golden State is paying $19 million for Richard Jefferson and Andres Biedrins. Detroit is paying 26 million to Corey Maggette, Rodney Stuckey, and Charlie Villanueva. Wow. That is only going to the letter G.
    That's alotta bills for alotta suck.

    Actually, a lot of mediocrity. I think this is where teams get hurt the most. Rarely are the max guys (unless you max out a guy like Joe Johnson), especially with the new 4-5 year limit, the cap issues. IMO, it's overpaying by half these middling/rotation guys.

    How did Joe Dumars go from golden boy GM to clueless schmuck so quickly? Was that mid-aughts run luck?

  11. #85
    All Fired Up Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    1,522

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    Adrian Wojnarowski is reporting the sign-and-trade deal that would send Steve Nash from the Suns to the Knicks for a package likely including Iman Shumpert, Toney Douglas and Dan Gadzuric is in the "critical stages.
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

  12. #86
    ZCTRMTP!!!!! texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,822

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Adrian Wojnarowski is reporting the sign-and-trade deal that would send Steve Nash from the Suns to the Knicks for a package likely including Iman Shumpert, Toney Douglas and Dan Gadzuric is in the "critical stages.
    What affect does that have on Jeremy Lin? If any?

    Nash and Stoudemire back together again.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

  13. #87
    All Fired Up Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    1,522

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    What affect does that have on Jeremy Lin? If any?

    Nash and Stoudemire back together again.
    Report: Rockets to offer Jeremy Lin four-years, $30 million 'poison pill' contract

    The source said the Rockets will offer Lin $5 million, $5.2 million and then plan to jack up the third and fourth years to as much as $10 million.

    That's what's called a "poison pill," folks. By jacking up the back-end of the contract, the Rockets make it a very difficult decision for the Knicks to match any offer for him
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...ars-30-million
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

  14. #88
    Member NJReds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    5,432

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Report: Rockets to offer Jeremy Lin four-years, $30 million 'poison pill' contract



    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...ars-30-million
    Knicks will probably match, regardless of Nash. Lin means more financially due to the Chinese market then he will cost in luxury tax money. Personally, as a Knicks fan, I'd let him walk at that price. And I'd keep Shumpert and sign Kidd.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

  15. #89
    Member NJReds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    5,432

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    Nash to the Lakers. Enjoy Landry Fields, Raps. Knicks will probably match Lin & try to sign Kidd or Felton.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

  16. #90
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    992

    Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

    Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Yeah, I've seen Ridnour's name floated. Obviously, I was hoping for a little more. After a mildly inauspicious rookie season, what's the temperature on Derrick Williams in Minnesota?
    The problem with Williams last year is that he played PF. And he didn't get real consistent minutes because he was playing behind Love.

    Management basically asked him to drop down to about 220 if he wants to play the 3 next year. Otherwise he's going to be a tweener for Minnesota.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25