Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Offseason News

Re: 2013 NBA Offseason News

So this link is saying Batum's signed an offer sheet iwth Minny. Not sure how I feel about $12.5 mil per though

http://www.thescore.com/home/article...sheet-to-batum

2. Turn Off Ads?

Batum would solve a lot of problems in Minnesota.

They still need a big though, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Batum would solve a lot of problems in Minnesota.

They still need a big though, yes?
    Backup big behind Love/Pekovic

They are talking to Jordan Hill and Steisma

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Backup big behind Love/Pekovic

They are talking to Jordan Hill and Steisma
    Not sure if they'll land him, but a shotblocker like Stiemsma is the type of big man that they need.

I'm not sure that Hill can help in that regard.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

So this link is saying Batum's signed an offer sheet iwth Minny. Not sure how I feel about $12.5 mil per though

http://www.thescore.com/home/article...sheet-to-batum
    The previous report said Minnesota was open to a sign-and-trade. Would Derrick Williams straight up be a possibility? He didn't exactly light the world on fire last year (15/8 per36 at 41% from the field and 27% from 3).

Do any of the stars changing teams actually know what the Heat did? All three of the stars took less money than the max to make sure they could sign each other and have some room left over for role players. Even with those savings, their teams was fairly thin. So, how does Deron expect to get Dwight, and Joe Johnson, and have any room for other players? How did Amare and Carmelo expect to have enough room to sign other players?
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    The previous report said Minnesota was open to a sign-and-trade. Would Derrick Williams straight up be a possibility? He didn't exactly light the world on fire last year (15/8 per36 at 41% from the field and 27% from 3).
    No, I think Minny is thinking Ridnour and a 1st. I doubt D-Will enters the convo. JmO

I was looking at some contracts and saw some real whoppers. The Bobcats are goings to be spending $27 million combined on Ben Gordon, Tyrus Thomas, and Dasagna Diop. Golden State is paying $19 million for Richard Jefferson and Andres Biedrins. Detroit is paying 26 million to Corey Maggette, Rodney Stuckey, and Charlie Villanueva. Wow. That is only going to the letter G.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

No, I think Minny is thinking Ridnour and a 1st. I doubt D-Will enters the convo. JmO
    Yeah, I've seen Ridnour's name floated. Obviously, I was hoping for a little more. After a mildly inauspicious rookie season, what's the temperature on Derrick Williams in Minnesota?

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I was looking at some contracts and saw some real whoppers. The Bobcats are goings to be spending $27 million combined on Ben Gordon, Tyrus Thomas, and Dasagna Diop. Golden State is paying $19 million for Richard Jefferson and Andres Biedrins. Detroit is paying 26 million to Corey Maggette, Rodney Stuckey, and Charlie Villanueva. Wow. That is only going to the letter G.
    That's alotta bills for alotta suck.

Actually, a lot of mediocrity. I think this is where teams get hurt the most. Rarely are the max guys (unless you max out a guy like Joe Johnson), especially with the new 4-5 year limit, the cap issues. IMO, it's overpaying by half these middling/rotation guys.

How did Joe Dumars go from golden boy GM to clueless schmuck so quickly? Was that mid-aughts run luck?

Adrian Wojnarowski is reporting the sign-and-trade deal that would send Steve Nash from the Suns to the Knicks for a package likely including Iman Shumpert, Toney Douglas and Dan Gadzuric is in the "critical stages.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Adrian Wojnarowski is reporting the sign-and-trade deal that would send Steve Nash from the Suns to the Knicks for a package likely including Iman Shumpert, Toney Douglas and Dan Gadzuric is in the "critical stages.
    What affect does that have on Jeremy Lin? If any?

Nash and Stoudemire back together again.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    What affect does that have on Jeremy Lin? If any?

Nash and Stoudemire back together again.
    Report: Rockets to offer Jeremy Lin four-years, $30 million 'poison pill' contract

The source said the Rockets will offer Lin $5 million, $5.2 million and then plan to jack up the third and fourth years to as much as $10 million.

That's what's called a "poison pill," folks. By jacking up the back-end of the contract, the Rockets make it a very difficult decision for the Knicks to match any offer for him
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...ars-30-million

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Report: Rockets to offer Jeremy Lin four-years, $30 million 'poison pill' contract

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...ars-30-million
    Knicks will probably match, regardless of Nash. Lin means more financially due to the Chinese market then he will cost in luxury tax money. Personally, as a Knicks fan, I'd let him walk at that price. And I'd keep Shumpert and sign Kidd.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Nash to the Lakers. Enjoy Landry Fields, Raps. Knicks will probably match Lin & try to sign Kidd or Felton.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Yeah, I've seen Ridnour's name floated. Obviously, I was hoping for a little more. After a mildly inauspicious rookie season, what's the temperature on Derrick Williams in Minnesota?
    The problem with Williams last year is that he played PF. And he didn't get real consistent minutes because he was playing behind Love.

Management basically asked him to drop down to about 220 if he wants to play the 3 next year. Otherwise he's going to be a tweener for Minnesota.

Turn Off Ads?