Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lynn an All Star

Re: Lynn an All Star

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    LaRussa did not pick a single Cardinal player. All Cardinals were either fan or player voted into the game.
    Let's not kid ourselves. LaRussa would have picked Lynn, Furcal and Molina if given the chance.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Johnny Cueto on his snub: "I don’t know what happened. I don’t if know the manager of All-Star Game is pissed at me because I went out with one of his girlfriends.”

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...ueto-phillips/

My niece can create a bunch of e-mails and she is only 13. All it took was for some Techies in the Silicone Valley to lay off their wine tasting and create them.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

LaRussa did not pick a single Cardinal player. All Cardinals were either fan or player voted into the game.
    Thanks for the info, I can return to my regular level of disdain for Tony LaRussa.

GL

Brandon Phillips is the one who just goes up there and swings. He has 16 walks in 293 plate appearances. Dan Uggla has 51 walks this season.
    Thank you for correcting me. I did not realize that Uggla actually had that much patience.

Player (ERA, WHIP, K/BB, FIP, xFIP)

Cueto (2.26, 1.14, 6.6/2.1, 3.17, 3.77)
    Lynn (3.62, 1.25, 9.1/3.2, 3.42, 3.48)
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

The human side (as opposed to my robot side) of me can understand TL holding a grudge against Cueto. Not saying I agree, but I do understand.

I can understand the outrage here but at the same time, Bruce got an All Star nod over Holliday. That's a joke right there.

Bruce WAR 1.4
    Holliday War 2.7

It's not even close who's been the better player this year. Cueto deserved to go but so did Holliday. It balanced itself out.

As someone noted before, Lynn was a players vote anyway so I don't understand blaming LaRussa on this.

It should also be noted that with the SP, there might be a couple that can't pitch because of that rule. Cueto still has an outside shot of making it in.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I can understand the outrage here but at the same time, Bruce got an All Star nod over Holliday. That's a joke right there.

Bruce WAR 1.4
    Holliday War 2.7

It's not even close who's been the better player this year. Cueto deserved to go but so did Holliday. It balanced itself out.

As someone noted before, Lynn was a players vote anyway so I don't understand blaming LaRussa on this.
    Wonder what the reasoning is behind that? Wonder if Holiday requested not to be picked?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Wonder what the reasoning is behind that? Wonder if Holiday requested not to be picked?
    I have no idea but it was the coaches vote from what I understand. Yes, TLR picked Bruce over Holliday. Head scratcher.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Color me EXTREMELY surprised. I didn't think either Bruce or Aroldis would make it. But I assumed that Phillips & Cueto were locks. Wow. Oh well, at least they get extra rest.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LvJ View Post
    James McDonald deserved it more than Lynn.
    Holy crap! McDonald didn't make it?!?

*dashes off to see the list* That's a travesty IMO.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

The players voted Lance Lynn 5th on the pitchers list. Wrap your head around that for a minute the next time you think that players are smart and understand the value associated with what they do on the field.

David Wright not starting at third base and Johnny Cueto not being on the team are two truly ridiculous outcomes.

Even the selection of Chapman of the Reds over Cueto is not justified IMO.

And, of course, Lynn and others over Cueto are not justified.

Turn Off Ads?