Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 7/1/12 - Reds @ SF Giants

Re: 7/1/12 - Reds @ SF Giants

Wow, that was fast. From twitter...

Jay Bruce ‏@JayABruce #Embarrassing

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Chapman would have been pitching. I assume there is no chance the same events would have occurred.
    Based on recent results, I agree. The Giants would have hit a two run homer to win it instead
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

A lot of fails, but Bruce's was the worst, IMO. He had barely stepped on the track and he played like he was at the wall. He was barely moving, so how could he have been afraid of the wall there -- even if it was there? And in a situation where if he misses it, the team loses... let's hope he learns from this, because, yes, he should be embarrassed.

Fire Jay Bruce.

Reds have had too many mishaps in the ninth inning lately. Coaching mishaps, bullpen mishaps, other mishaps.

Every team has them. But to be a championship team the Reds have to play more solid baseball all around in potentially winning games.

Good team, but maybe not ready for the big stage. If the Reds add another starting or platoon player, he should be an experienced guy who will help solidify things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Reds have had too many mishaps in the ninth inning lately. Coaching mishaps, bullpen mishaps, other mishaps.

Every team has them. But to be a championship team the Reds have to play more solid baseball all around in potentially winning games.

Good team, but maybe not ready for the big stage. If the Reds add another starting or platoon player, he should be an experienced guy who will help solidify things.
    Completely agree, and why I want Victorino so badly.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    My thought on the not sending Ludwick...

If there is any doubt...don't.

You have to assume with no outs and the bases loaded, he will get in anyway.

Didn't work out that way today though.
    I agree.

Put me down for scoring more runs. They are 8th in the league in Runs scored. In their park, that's horrid. Score more runs and every little mistake won't mean the difference in winning and losing. They obviously need to work to eliminate mistakes, but they will happen like they do with all teams. Need a bigger margin for error IMO. Bases Loaded and no outs and nobody scores. On a productive roster, Berry's decision should have been a moot point and if so, playing it safe and going for multiple runs made sense.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

Yep. Teams ready for the big stage don't have 1 and 2 hitters barely getting on base 30% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Wow, that was fast. From twitter...

Jay Bruce ‏@JayABruce #Embarrassing
    Embarrassing were Hannigan's and Valdez's at bats. JB's was beyond words.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

If Ludwick's run were to tie, Berry might have done well to hold him. But the game was already tied. On the road, you have to play aggressive. Don't put yourself in a position to lose.

Bad execution at the end of a winnable game. This one-run loss can't be attributed to bad luck.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Dusty's perspective on the Ludwick play:

–Reds manager manager Dusty Baker thought Ryan Ludwick should have scored from second in the ninth on Miguel Cairo’s hit. But he absolved third base coach Mark Berry. “A lot of that depends on the base-runner,” Baker said. “The coaches get all the blame. But most of the time you don’t need a coach. We thought it was in there all the way. Maybe (Ludwick) didn’t.”

Watching the replay, Ludwick should have scored easily but you can't see what kind of jump he got. That being said, Bruce's play was a debacle.

Did anyone see a replay the showed Ludwick as he reached third? Key questions for me: did he get a good jump, was running hard when he reached it, and did Berry hold him up the whole way? Dusty implied that Ludwick was partly to blame, just wondered if their was proof of that.

Guess I prefer not to analyze this one on such a granular level. Check that, I prefer not to think about this one any further.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?