Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

Thread: Reds @ Giants....Game 4

Re: Reds @ Giants....Game 4

Quote Originally Posted by chuck6660 View Post
    This game only confirms my belief that this is a .500 ballclub. Except for a 6 game winning streak, thats what they have been all season. As much as I bleed Red, I try to not get worked up over this team...it's bad for one's health. If your happy with a split, then your happy with the a .500 ballcub. The ninth inning today was a snapshot of last season...missed opportunities
    They'll finish better than that, but they definitely don't seem to have the IT factor this season

2. Turn Off Ads?

This game only confirms my belief that this is a .500 ballclub. Except for a 6 game winning streak, thats what they have been all season. As much as I bleed Red, I try to not get worked up over this team...it's bad for one's health. If your happy with a split, then your happy with the a .500 ballcub. The ninth inning today was a snapshot of last season...missed opportunities
    We took 5 out of 8 from SF this season, given the quality pitching they have I call that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    They'll finish better than that, but they definitely don't seem to have the IT factor this season
    Did St.Louis have "it" last year? Or did they get lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    In the meantime, Bruce's absolutely brilliant at bat in the top of the 9th goes by the wayside.
    Jay Bruce is only 30! He'll get better at some point! #futureJayBrucequotes

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Exactly how do u want Walt to fix it?
    Go out and get some ordinary left handed hitter which he should have done last January. Get him off waivers, trade for him or buy him I don't care. Why is this so difficult?
    I'm not talking Ted Williams or George Brett here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Go out and get some ordinary left handed hitter which he should have done last January. Get him off waivers, trade for him or buy him I don't care. Why is this so difficult?
    I'm not talking Ted Williams or George Brett here.
    You assume they are out there...

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Did his job...runners were on base right?
    Yeah, a Texas-leaguer and an intentional walk. Some bad luck had a runner on base to start with. At the end of the day, he made the pitches necessary to keep the Reds alive. In other words, he did his job.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    Yeah, a Texas-leaguer and an intentional walk. Some bad luck had a runner on base to start with. At the end of the day, he made the pitches necessary to keep the Reds alive. In other words, he did his job.
    I'm not saying this loss is on Arredondo, I just think he is partly to blame. Yes If Bruce catches that ball, which he shoulda easily, the game is over. But if those guys arent on, they don't score.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

I'm not saying this loss is on Arredondo, I just think he is partly to blame. Yes If Bruce catches that ball, which he shoulda easily, the game is over. But if those guys arent on, they don't score.
    It was an off the end of the bat dinker ---- should he have hit the sweet part of the guy's bat?

Myself -- I have to tip my hat to the batter for even getting wood on it -- where it landed was just bad luck -- then Bruce has his brain cramp.

YMMV
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

That's true. Unfortunately Arredondo isn't Steve Nebraska and occasionally has to rely on his defense to make routine plays. You've convinced me. Yesterday's loss can be blamed on Arredondo for not being as good as Steve Nebraska.

Except for dropping 5 out of 6, this ballclub is 12 games over .500. It's all about how you look at it. Every team has peaks and valleys in a 162 game season.

When I was a little kid Pete Rose was the King of Cincinnati. There was a family two houses down whose last name was Rose. Every time a strange car parked in their driveway, I used to wait to see if Pete Rose was there. Yeah, I was a dumb little kid who didn't know the last name Rose is not that uncommon. I wasted a lot of hours waiting for Charlie Hustle to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    When I was a little kid Pete Rose was the King of Cincinnati. There was a family two houses down whose last name was Rose. Every time a strange car parked in their driveway, I used to wait to see if Pete Rose was there. Yeah, I was a dumb little kid who didn't know the last name Rose is not that uncommon. I wasted a lot of hours waiting for Charlie Hustle to come out.
    I bet he never showed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    I bet he never showed.
    The sad part is that I read somewhere later that he would frequent some poker/betting place up on Cheviot. I coulda walked to that place. Saved me a lot of time.

Turn Off Ads?