Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monday 7/2/2012 Minor-League Updates

Monday 7/2/2012 Minor-League Updates

Bryson Smith has quickly worked himself into the three-hole in the Pensacola lineup, with Beau Mills behind him cleaning up. Brodie Greene has been moved from the third spot to leadoff. Vidal, Fellhauer and Means are not a bad lower end of the order, it would seem. And Henry Rodriguez should be on his way very soon. I still think that the Blue Hoos are well-positioned for the second half.

And for tonight, with Cingrani pitching.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Monday 7/2/2012 Minor-League Updates

The DSL Reds lead their division by two games, with a record of 16-9. They're paced by SS Yonaton Suero, with a slash line of .386/.475/.506/.981, plus 8 SB (in 24 games). He's 19 and has just one more strikeout (15) than walks (14).

The redoubtable Reds/Dbacks team checks in at 3-22.

Cingrani through two: 3K, nothing else. Mills has the only Wahoo hit.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    The DSL Reds lead their division by two games, with a record of 16-9. They're paced by SS Yonaton Suero, with a slash line of .386/.475/.506/.981, plus 8 SB (in 24 games). He's 19 and has just one more strikeout (15) than walks (14).
    I'm surprised Suero hasn't been moved to Billings. Brandon Dailey is a utility guy at best. If he continues to hit like this, I do believe he will.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    I'm surprised Suero hasn't been moved to Billings. Brandon Dailey is a utility guy at best. If he continues to hit like this, I do believe he will.
    I'd guess that if he were brought over here, he'd report to the AZL Reds. But who knows.

I've always liked Brandon Dailey, but I keep hearing that Billings is weak on the infield. Is he a liability up the middle?

In the top of the sixth, Cingrani singled and then, after Brodie Greene was HBP, scored the first run of the game on a double by Gregorius. Greene was thrown out at home on a ground ball to short by Bryson Smith.

Cingrani's line so far: 5 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 5 K. His Southern League ERA stands at 1.83.

D'oh. That's what I meant, mace. There's no one in the AZL either. Ronald Bueno is another utility guy with less than inspiring numbers elsewhere. Same age as Suero, too.

Interesting the lack of SS in the Rookie Leagues. And Dayton, for that matter. (Might be a comment on the Cincinnati opinion of Hamilton vis a vis position.)

The Bats, behind Villarreal, have one hit through five and trail 1-0.

The Hoos added one more in the same inning, on a single by Peacock, and lead 2-0 after six.

Dayton is delayed at Bowling Green. Jacob Johnson is scheduled to start.

Cingrani also has two sacrifice bunts on the night.

I assume it was due to pitch count (he had 97, with 59 strikes) that Cingrani came out before he could finish the seventh. He had walked two and struck out two in the inning. His line: 6.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 4 BB, 9 K. ERA: 1.75.

Justin Freeman finished the inning. It's still 2-0.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Another day, another dominant outing from Cingrani.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Cingrani also has two sacrifice bunts on the night.
    One sac bunt and a base hit ... but who's counting? Haha.

Cingrani is now batting .500 with the 'Hoos. There's nothing he can't do. (OK, so he's only 3-for-6, but I'll take it.)

And that's a final: Pensacola wins 2-0. Cingrani gets the win and Justin Freeman pitches 2.1 innings for the save.

Turn Off Ads?