Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Rolen Back to DL?

Rolen Back to DL?

Fay reported that he could barely move yesterday and the DL could be soon.

Slight playing time increases for Frazier, Ludwick and Heisey.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rolen Back to DL?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Fay reported that he could barely move yesterday and the DL could be soon.

Slight playing time increases for Frazier, Ludwick and Heisey.
    As much as I like Rolen, because he's a ballplayer's player, it's time to call this what it is....the Great DL. The uncertainty of his playing status is growing stale. Mix that with his lack of production when he does play...time to move on. At most, if he does get healthy he should be a role player off the bench and not a regular.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    As much as I like Rolen, because he's a ballplayer's player, it's time to call this what it is....the Great DL. The uncertainty of his playing status is growing stale. Mix that with his lack of production when he does play...time to move on. At most, if he does get healthy he should be a role player off the bench and not a regular.
    +1
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    Ed Zackry!

Sorry about Scott's injury but this helps the club.

He should never have gotten back in the starting lineup in the first place. Frazier won the job IMO. We're definitely stronger with Frazier at 3B than Rolen, and Frazier is the answer at 3B for many years to come, he's a great young ballplayer IMO.

Great News!

Rolen needs to stay on the DL or retire.

He had his little dead-cat bounce for a week, and the real Rolen promptly showed up, now having gone hitless in his last 16 at-bats.

What a waste of time bringing this guy back from the DL.

Earn some respect Scott Rolen, and retire already!

And, quit taking up a 40-man roster spot. Anyone with vision saw this day coming the day he was acquired from Toronto. Now we've been dealing with his horrible play for two years.

I like Rolen, but I am slowly losing respect for him. He knows his body can't take it anymore, it's time to step away from the game with some dignity left...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Great News!

Rolen needs to stay on the DL or retire.

He had his little dead-cat bounce for a week, and the real Rolen promptly showed up, now having gone hitless in his last 16 at-bats.

What a waste of time bringing this guy back from the DL.

Earn some respect Scott Rolen, and retire already!

And, quit taking up a 40-man roster spot. Anyone with vision saw this day coming the day he was acquired from Toronto. Now we've been dealing with his horrible play for two years.
    Given the imporant role he played in teh 2010 season and how key that season was to where the Reds are now, I still make that deal everyday.

I am a Rolen fan. I am very glad Encarcion is gone. But Frazier is obviously better. Maybe Rolen should get about a start a week and some pinch hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I like Rolen, but I am slowly losing respect for him. He knows his body can't take it anymore, it's time to step away from the game with some dignity left...
    Easier said than done for a guy who obviously has a lot of pride.

X = 0

maybe Rolen will retire then hopefully take Dustys spot as our manager next season!

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I lost all respect for Rolen when he decided to come back to displace the young, healthy guy out-OPSing him by nearly 400 points.

The same young guy who had been a key player in the team's surge into first that began, precisely, when Rolen pulled himself out of the lineup.

And joking that he was 100% of whatever he had left? Well, that just reeked of a profound sense of entitlement AFAIC.

Quote Originally Posted by CrosleyField View Post
    I am a Rolen fan. I am very glad Encarcion is gone. But Frazier is obviously better. Maybe Rolen should get about a start a week and some pinch hitting.
    Spot on.

I'm not so sure Rolen selfishly rushed himself back from the DL. I believe (I can't remember where I read it) he was brought back after a meeting with Dusty, Walt, and probably Kremchek. As much as he's helped this team when/where they needed it most, in the past, he's become a shell of the great player he once was. Sad way to go out, but it's time.

Turn Off Ads?