Turn Off Ads?

Thread: La Russia-biggest perpetuator of steroid era

La Russia-biggest perpetuator of steroid era

"LaRussa will be paid $2.5 million to handle “special projects” and will not have to hang out in the New York MLB offices."

"Pretty amazing that the biggest perpetuator of the baseball steroid era now is officially on the payroll of the league office." GREAT JOB BUD!

READ MORE:

http://www.desipio.com/?tag=tony-larussa

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: La Russia-biggest perpetuator of steroid era

I can’t find the tackle box that you and Dave McKay left for me. We haven’t been hitting lately and I want to take some of the guys fishing.

EMAW

Special projects= Not writing a tell all book about steroid use in MLB?

I hate the St. Louis Cardinals.

All Hail Brandon Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    Special projects= Not writing a tell all book about steroid use in MLB?
    For the paltry sum of $2,500,000 a year!

He also grudged Zach Greinke off the ASG for his comments about CC last year.

Weak

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    He also grudged Zach Greinke off the ASG for his comments about CC last year.

Weak
    La Russa had a major wine fest with the Brewers last year.
    And didn't Rolen and La Russa basically hate each other.

Link:

http://stlouis.sbnation.com/2010/8/3...ussa-clubhouse
    Last edited by Falcon7; 07-02-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Affable Opponent

I don't get it. If Don Tony had it in for you Reds, why is Jay Bruce an All-Star? We do this every year. SOMEONE deserving gets left off the All Star roster. Every year. I refuse to watch as long as Butthead Bud Selig is commissioner. He's the idiot that changed the format. But La Russa catches grief.

Quote Originally Posted by TDogg View Post
    I don't get it. If Don Tony had it in for you Reds, why is Jay Bruce an All-Star? We do this every year. SOMEONE deserving gets left off the All Star roster. Every year. I refuse to watch as long as Butthead Bud Selig is commissioner. He's the idiot that changed the format. But La Russa catches grief.
    That's additional rub against Brandon, IMO.
    Bruce did not deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by TDogg View Post
    Bruce is a borderline All-Star, I was surprised he was even chosen. There are more players deserving since a .262 avg hitter is weak by All-Star standards.

Cueto is definitely an All-Star, that's the problem. LaRussa chose a Red that was questionable and left off Cueto who was in the starting job conversation for the All-Star game. That's the problem (BP is another questionable 2B All-Star). He chose Bruce over Cueto and BP who were more deserving. Also his reasoning of the "Sunday Pitcher" is against the new rules established in the CBA.

Both decisions make LaRussa look dumb, picking Bruce over BP/Cueto and his reasoning. It's not that Cueto was left out, it was the reasoning behind and who he chose over him. How is a retired manager even managing a game that somewhat matters..... We might as well have Hank Aarron start in center.

Turn Off Ads?