Frazier - 5
    Heisey - 7
    Cairo - 3
    Mesoraco - 2
    Bailey - 1

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds vs. Dodgers game 1

Frazier batting 5th.

Even in the expanse of Dodger Stadium and with no Joey Votto to get on base, I'm still betting that he knocks in at least one run tonight and four in the series.

Bailey is going the wrong direction lately. Time to bounce back and pitch 6 innings without giving up more than 2 runs tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Votto still out....

Cozart - 6
    Stubbs - 8
    Phillips - 4
    Bruce - 9
    Frazier - 5
    Heisey - 7
    Cairo - 3
    Mesoraco - 2
    Bailey - 1
    Lol....I said yesterday after Ludwick's 3rd hit that he's earned himself some bench.

It's truly unbelievable. Let me guess...Luddy is 1/15 off of Billingsley.

Stubbs is the hot hand 0 for his last 14 and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Let me guess...Luddy is 1/15 off of Billingsley.

Stubbs is the hot hand 0 for his last 14 and all.
    Ludwick is 2-14 with 4 K's off Billingsley.

At this point, given that the Reds continue keep 1st place, complaining about the lineup is laughable.

This will probably be Bailey's last start unless he starts getting his stuff back. The last 2 games and really the last 5, he has looked exhausted aka the gimp.

I see a switch with Chapman.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    This will probably be Bailey's last start unless he starts getting his stuff back. The last 2 games and really the last 5, he has looked exhausted aka the gimp.

Then allow me to recommend an eye exam.

zero chance of that happening, Homer could get shelled and he will be back out there on Sat vs. the Padres. Chapman will NOT be a starter for the Reds this season.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    zero chance of that happening, Homer could get shelled and he will be back out there on Sat vs. the Padres. Chapman will NOT be a starter for the Reds this season.
    We will see. One of the reasons the Reds started Chapman out in the pen was to control his innings. Now he has a free path toward starting the rest of the season if he succeeds. The Reds also need to rest and try Bailey in the pen. I suspect shorter, daily stints would be easy for him to regain his stuff. Alot of pitchers have had to make the conversion over the years because they weren't strong enough to start. Starting takes stamina and strength. Homer has struggled with this his entire major league career.

The last time he actually pitched with his full stuff was against the Phillies.......in the 2010 NLDS. Sad. Better rebuild him now then let him decline toward nothing and have no value before another team does.

We will see. One of the reasons the Reds started Chapman out in the pen was to control his innings. Now he has a free path toward starting the rest of the season if he succeeds. The Reds also need to rest and try Bailey in the pen. I suspect shorter, daily stints would be easy for him to regain his stuff. Alot of pitchers have had to make the conversion over the years because they weren't strong enough to start. Starting takes stamina and strength. Homer has struggled with this his entire major league career.

The last time he actually pitched with his full stuff was against the Phillies.......in the 2010 NLDS. Sad. Better rebuild him now then let him decline toward nothing and have no value before another team does.
    Simply not true. Chapman was in the bullpen in April out of necessity with the injuries to Madson, Masset and Bray. With two of those three still down and the current five starters all pitching at an acceptable level, Chapman will remain in the pen all season barring injury.

Just curious what your recommended course of action with Homer would be, then? Would you advise rebuilding him in the bullpen? You know he is out of options and we can't assign him to AAA on a whim any more, right? If we designated him for assignment, you can bet your house the Reds wouldn't get another sniff at him clearing waivers.

Homer takes longer than probably anyone on the staff, so he's a poor fit for the bullpen stuff not withstanding.

So short of a trade, I'm not sure where you'd see him factoring in... at least in a capacity where you see the Reds being able to rebuild him... at least this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin88 View Post
    Just curious what your recommended course of action with Homer would be, then? Would you advise rebuilding him in the bullpen? You know he is out of options and we can't assign him to AAA on a whim any more, right? If we designated him for assignment, you can bet your house the Reds wouldn't get another sniff at him clearing waivers.

Homer takes longer than probably anyone on the staff, so he's a poor fit for the bullpen stuff not withstanding.

So short of a trade, I'm not sure where you'd see him factoring in... at least in a capacity where you see the Reds being able to rebuild him this year.
    I would just move him to the pen and let him replace Chapman's spot. Nothing more or less. Chapman can't warm up quick either fwiw.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Pirates whipping it onto the 'Stros -- 6-1 early

I can't wait for them to fold - they ARE going to fold aren't they?

===

now 8-1
    Last edited by Red Raindog; 07-02-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by Old Righthander View Post
    Pirates whipping it onto the 'Stros -- 6-1 early

I can't wait for them to fold - they ARE going to fold aren't they?
    8-1 they may not fold starting pitching is to good.

Turn Off Ads?