Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546

Thread: 7/2/12 Reds at Dodgers

Re: 7/2/12 Reds at Dodgers

Quote Originally Posted by elfmanvt07 View Post
    I went to bed after 2 innings. I regret that decision. Was Bailey as dominant as his box looks?
    He was flinging it. 8th inning he was throwing 97 mph BBs that the Dodger hitters were flailing at. Best I've seen him in a long time. Mesorasco was interviewed after the game and he admitted that Homer started at 92 mph

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I didn't have a chance to go through the game thread until this morning.

It's hilarious reading a game thread for the first time after the game has been played and you already know the result.

It's hard to imagine that in a game that we won 8-2 in which Bailey looked superb that the majority of the posts are negative towards the Reds offense and, in particular, Mr. Bailey himself.

Small smaple sizes are dangerous in baseball, especially when the small sample size is just a few innings.

We aren't going to win every inning of every game, regardless of how good we are. The randomness of baseball ensures that.
    For the west coast games I wake up get my iPhone that's been charging and check in this order...
    1. Reds on Facebook (last night's game wasn't up, tho'). Onto...
    2. Twitter (go to the most current tweet and work my way down to see the final result by either the team or John Fay), and finally...
    3. RedZone is last because of the length of the game threads and I want to see the final score. If I have the time I'll read the whole thread. I read parts of it but as Sir C said it was brutal and I still have a headache.

BTW, did the Reds win last night?
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Well, I just finished reading the whole thread. You guys had some gems in there tonight. Once we started winning, it was fun. But man, if we're behind it's unreadable. Can't wait until the games are earlier again so I can watch. Getting up at 4:30 in the am makes west coast games impossible for me.

Great to see Homer lighting up the radar gun. He's always had that in the tank and when he goes deep into games he simply gets stronger. He just has to get past the early inning mishaps. Nice to see Frazier and Mesoraco swinging too. Hopefully Cozy is alright...but I've got no problems with Janish coming up. It's a shame that it's NOW though, because he's actually cooled off at the plate. Paul was swinging a mean bat there for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    He was flinging it. 8th inning he was throwing 97 mph BBs that the Dodger hitters were flailing at. Best I've seen him in a long time. Mesorasco was interviewed after the game and he admitted that Homer started at 92 mph
    He was a different pitcher the first two innings, the next three, and the final three.

Ugly, good, fantastic.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Well, I just finished reading the whole thread. You guys had some gems in there tonight. Once we started winning, it was fun. But man, if we're behind it's unreadable.
    You act like this is a new phenomenon at RZ
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    You act like this is a new phenomenon at RZ
    I don't recall it being like this in 2010, but then again Heather was around alot more then to make things a bit more positive. It just blows me away the amount of complaining that goes on here on a day in-day out basis when we're sitting in first place with the 3rd best record in the NL. Oh well.

"So Fla Red"

It was looking bleak last night until the Reds woke up in the 6th. Homer behind 2-0 early, Cozart getting drilled in the head, Valdez/Cairo/Heisey in the lineup and bitter memories of the Sunday giveaway in SF...

Homer got better as the game went on. I'll still never get the hate some have for Homer, but I am convinced he is going to be a good starter for the next 5-6 seasons. He has been nails on the road this season.

Turn Off Ads?