Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hamilton hits 100

Hamilton hits 100

Wow... Just wow...
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hamilton hits 100

Truly an absurd accomplishment at this point in the year.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Incredible. I love it.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

There is an outside chance that Theo Bowe could make a run at 100 this season as well. Griffey lets those guys run at every chance they get.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    There is an outside chance that Theo Bowe could make a run at 100 this season as well. Griffey lets those guys run at every chance they get.
    Insane that could approach 100 and be dwarfed by Hamilton. I still can't even fathom this. It's July 3rd!

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Insane that could approach 100 and be dwarfed by Hamilton. I still can't even fathom this. It's July 3rd!

Still the 2nd in Bakersfield... OMGZ
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    Still the 2nd in Bakersfield... OMGZ
    You just blew my mind! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Insane that could approach 100 and be dwarfed by Hamilton.
    As of a few days ago Theo Bowe was 5th in all of minor league baseball with 39 steals. Hamilton had 90 something.

100? He seems a lot younger. That one is for Camisa.

Congrats. Now 7 day dl Cozart so he can get well and call up Billy for game two in LA.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

I thought Hamilton is hitting .330.

http://instantrimshot.com/classic/?sound=rimshot

So how much of the minor league season is remaining? I'm assuming that it's more than 1/2 way through. Otherwise, Hamilton's already incredible SB totals become absolutely cartoonish (as in, not possible in the real world).

The Blaze had 58 games left this season.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    The Blaze had 58 games left this season.
    Thanks Doug. I went to the Blaze web site and saw that in 78 games Hamiliton has 100 SB. That would be an average of roughly 1.28 steals per game. If he plays in the remaining 58 games, that projects to 74 more steals. So he could potentially have 174 SB by the end of the season. I also read somewhere that Coleman (ex-Cardinal) has the minor league record at 140 something. So, Hamilton could potentially blow away the minor league record. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by rgslone View Post
    Thanks Doug. I went to the Blaze web site and saw that in 78 games Hamiliton has 100 SB. That would be an average of roughly 1.28 steals per game. If he plays in the remaining 58 games, that projects to 74 more steals. So he could potentially have 174 SB by the end of the season. I also read somewhere that Coleman (ex-Cardinal) has the minor league record at 140 something. So, Hamilton could potentially blow away the minor league record. Wow!
    Record is 145.
    http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp...vkey=news_milb

Hamilton jokingly told MiLB.com in May that his goal is to double last year's mark of 103. But next up is Nixon's Cal League record and just beyond that is Vince Coleman's Minor League best of 145, also set in 1983, in the South Atlantic League. The Mississippi native seemed confident that he could potentially reach both numbers before season's end.

"I mean, it's possible," he said. "I think 144 is possible, but I'm not saying I'm going to go out and get 144. I knew [103] would be tough to double, but I didn't set any goals. I just want to get better, come work on my jump and whatever happens, happens."

Turn Off Ads?