Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Todd Frazier!

Todd Frazier!

............is an amazingly polished and professional hitter for a rookie and is, I believe, the real deal!!!!!

He is also the answer for the Reds at 3B for many years to come IMO.

Yeah Baby!

PLEASE, no more Rolen, except as a backup, if and when healthy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Todd Frazier!

I certainly hope so!!!
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

http://redlegnation.com/2012/07/03/p...a-or-player-b/

Frazier has been great and arguably just as good/better than Harper this year. I think the Reds found the heir to 3B now we just need to help Rolen realize he's a back up/pinch hitter now....

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but...

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93764
    Choo got it, dude.

Frazier is a monster. I've heard people talking about his play level being unsustainable, but his peripherals certainly support being able to maintain his current pace. I think by the end of the year he's got to be a candidate for the rookie award.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
    Frazier is a monster. I've heard people talking about his play level being unsustainable, but his peripherals certainly support being able to maintain his current pace. I think by the end of the year he's got to be a candidate for the rookie award.
    Which peripherals? His BABIP is .339. He's been undoubtedly good, but his BABIP, combined with his current strikeout rate, suggest some decline as the year goes on.

Frazier didn't have the hype around Harper/Trout so he's not getting the deserving media attention. He's also 26 which isn't old but, compared to Harper/Trout he is. I hope he sustains his production and gets in the the RoY conversation.

Frazier's power developed last, but alot of guys are that way.

It's hilarious to me how prospect evaluation works. We're talking about a guy here who was drafted 4 (or 5, I can't recall) years ago in the second round. Before the season started, plenty of people were calling Frazier a career utility player at best.

Now, a lot of the same people look at the current year's draft picks and are already posting nonsense about, "can you imagine a lineup with so and so in 5 years?"
    The guys drafted in the second round this year are the flavor of the month, apparently.

If Rolen gets his starting gig back a third time once he gets healthy, Jocketty should intercede and straighten Dusty out.
    I may not be fast, but I sure am slow.

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    If Rolen gets his starting gig back a third time once he gets healthy, Jocketty should intercede and straighten Dusty out.
    Preferably with the use of excessive force.

He's the best option right now, and he's doing a fine job. Let the kid prove otherwise. His numbers are better than Stubbs, Cozart, Rolen, Ludwick, and seems to be hitting better in the clutch than Bruce. The kid's a gamer let him play.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Kids a ballplayer,more than proved that last night.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kcbuckeye22 View Post
    seems to be hitting better in the clutch than Bruce.

Well, if you set the bar low enough...

I'm always careful to overhype the younger players, but in Frazier's case I would tend to agree with many of the posts - he seems to be the real deal. Not an All-Star per se, but I think third base is no longer a question mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajinous View Post
    Frazier didn't have the hype around Harper/Trout so he's not getting the deserving media attention. He's also 26 which isn't old but, compared to Harper/Trout he is. I hope he sustains his production and gets in the the RoY conversation.
    He deserves nothing near what Trout does. Trout is a 20 year old that is making a huge run at the AL MVP. Frazier does deserve the necessary coverage of a guy competing for the NL ROY.

Turn Off Ads?