Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Stubbs

Drew Stubbs

I was looking into some stats for Reds players.....these Drew Stubbs stats really stood out.

They show the stat about when Stubbs scores a run we are something like 23-2 or something that's hard to believe....but check this out....

In the 27 games Stubbs has played and the Reds lost...he is 11 for 98 with 1 double (only XB hit in 98 AB) and scored 2 runs and has 2 RBI.

Avg .112
    OPS .309

Of course his numbers are solid when he plays and we win....I just could not fathom his numbers in our losses.

Stubbs is a table-setter for sure...but this season with runners on base he is 11/78 with a .141 avg and .455 OPS

He's currently 0 for his last 20.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Drew Stubbs

Those are some crazy numbers. I feel like Bruce and Stubbs are going to be streaky and hopefully more experience results in more consistency. With Heisey being mediocore, it's best to ride the highs and deal with the lows.

Yea it's frustrating when he doesn't get on base, because the numbers show that when he does get on he usually makes his way around to score, and we win. Regardless of the numbers I've seen some swings made this year that he didn't have in the bag last year, I guess you gotta give Jacoby some credit there. His inability to bunt is really bad though...it's easy to say he should bunt a few times a week, but when he does we see how bad he is at it. The coaches say he works on it a lot...I find it a little hard to believe.

His eye at the plate has improved a little.....improved his BB/K ratio.

The numbers when they lose still just blow me away. 1 extra base hit in 98 AB....2 runs in 27 games?

Stubbs is horrible. If the Reds want to upgrade something..............he is it.

His .844 OPS in June is a promising sign.

I can't think of any player in history really comparable to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajinous View Post
    His .844 OPS in June is a promising sign.
    There were some pretty good stats. Most of them were very small sample size.

An .844 OPS overall would make the Reds very difficult to beat!

His stats in certain counts was about as hard to believe. On first pitch he's like .418 and virtually every other one is around 200. Seems like he was .190 on 2-0 counts?....maybe it was 2-1

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I don't mind holding onto him until Hamilton is ready. He does have SOME value, but it's hard for me to see him getting any better.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    I can't think of any player in history really comparable to him.
    I would think any comparable players were career minor leaguers...
    Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon...

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

I'd say there's a pretty strong connection between him getting on and Joey getting him in. That's what is so frustrating about having arguably the NL's top hitter on our side and no one getting on base in front of him. Just think what Votto's numbers COULD look like? They'd be crazy(ier).
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mudshark View Post
    I would think any comparable players were career minor leaguers...
    Just offensive numbers there are several comparable....his skill set is completely unique. There have been very few players with his speed that were as powerful/strong. His arm is way better than just about any player that has had his speed. Is not a good bunter, has trouble sliding and strikes out a lot. I can't think of any players like that at all. Players that are similar either don't have nearly is arm/strength or his speed.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    I'd say there's a pretty strong connection between him getting on and Joey getting him in. That's what is so frustrating about having arguably the NL's top hitter on our side and no one getting on base in front of him. Just think what Votto's numbers COULD look like? They'd be crazy(ier).
    Yeah....Votto for sure. But like last night...he was atrocious...but snuck in a run scored and we won. We are like 24-2 when he scores....we must be something near that when he doesn't. Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    I don't mind holding onto him until Hamilton is ready. He does have SOME value, but it's hard for me to see him getting any better.
    I agree. As long as Stubbs isn't hitting above the 6th spot I don't think its too bad. He gives you good defense and decent power. Just don't expect him to ever be able to hit in the top of the line-up and you won't be too frustrated.

Turn Off Ads?