Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 7/3/2012: Reds @ Dodgers--Votto returns, Cozart has a hard head

Re: 7/3/2012: Reds @ Dodgers--Votto returns, Cozart has a hard head

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    They didn't get the hits when they had him on the ropes. That's one of their flaws. There are definitely flaws, I'm not denying this. But the 'we are down in this game so the world is ending' attitude gets old very fast.
    Who said the world is ending? Our offense is bad. This game is just another example of it. A lot of holes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

The world is ending attitudeis driven by the events in each game Tom. You know that as do I. I am even susceptible to it and I know it. I apologize if I post some stupid emotional stuff in game threads but darnit!!!! This offense is sooooo frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Who said the world is ending? Our offense is bad. This game is just another example of it. A lot of holes.
    I don't think there's a lot of holes. CF is the only glaring one. And you were more correct when you said mediocre, because I don't think they qualify as bad.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I think this team will be just fine. They just look ready for vacation a bit too early.

They didn't get the hits when they had him on the ropes. That's one of their flaws. There are definitely flaws, I'm not denying this. But the 'we are down in this game so the world is ending' attitude gets old very fast.
    We all have nights where we take the losses a little too hard and over react it happens. Bottom line is that this team has expectations and when the offense scuffles it gets frustrating. I know I'm not giving up on the season and I don't think anyone else is but frustration will happen.

Ninth inning coming up.

I want the Reds to win, but mostly i want to disappoint the Pirates radio announcers.

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    The Reds are fourth in the league in OPS. I'll just leave that here.
    We're 16th in runs scored and we play in a launching pad. 8th in the NL. The definition of mediocre.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Plus I dread the west coast swing. Year after year this has been the killer for the Reds season. They are actually playing better than I thought because I underestimated one thing. These parks make our pitchers that much better, too...

I'm not one of those, generally. But it gets tiresome when the prevailing attitude is that nothing in a particular game matters because it's small sample size. In the last three games, we've likely lost two that are absolutely ludicrous losses. In the last four weeks, we've honked five or six games that a pennant contender shouldn't lose. Is it alarmist? Sure. But I sort of think I'm allowed to be alarmist on a Reds message board in early July. Otherwise we'd have one huge thread in October discussing what happened.

I don't know.

I mean, we're 16th in the league in runs and have the best hitter in baseball on the team. Lot of room for improvement.

We're 16th in runs scored and we play in a launching pad. 8th in the NL. The definition of mediocre.
    I don't know why you include AL teams...apples and oranges.

Doesn't change the fact that they are average however.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I don't know why you include AL teams...apples and oranges.

Doesn't change the fact that they are average however.
    As I said, 8th in the NL in runs. Mediocre.

As I said, 8th in the NL in runs. Mediocre.
    When you are 4th in OPS but 8th in runs there is a maladjustment problem in your offense - the Reds is getting men on base.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    I'm not one of those, generally. But it gets tiresome when the prevailing attitude is that nothing in a particular game matters because it's small sample size. In the last three games, we've likely lost two that are absolutely ludicrous losses. In the last four weeks, we've honked five or six games that a pennant contender shouldn't lose. Is it alarmist? Sure. But I sort of think I'm allowed to be alarmist on a Reds message board in early July. Otherwise we'd have one huge thread in October discussing what happened.

I don't know.
    I was as vocal as anybody about how much losing games that we should have won hurt. I just don't see how losing the second game of a three game series against the Dodgers is worthy of alarm. If we lose tomorrow, then yeah. But that's tomorrow.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

"So Fla Red"

This offense is BELOW average on the road. I repeat again 10th in the NL with a .684 OPS. The trend has been t lose these type of close games over the past three weeks. Call it bad luck, poor roster construction, too much cap-tipping whatever...

Not panicked, just a concerned Citizen

Turn Off Ads?