Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Dodgers Tuesday 7/3

Re: Reds vs. Dodgers Tuesday 7/3

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    What's the upside to giving a healthy player the night off? Do you really think the organization would take an unnecessary risk with either player?
    YES, sports teams have done it for decades...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    YES, sports teams have done it for decades...
    Why would the Reds take an unnecessary risk with either player at this point in the season? Logically, why?

The guy missed two games. Obviously his injury is not serious. I'm really not sure why you're trying to make it into this.
    Did you see him try to run down the line on that hit in SF? The knee I believe was swollen they said. That doesn't happen over nothing. Again I don't trust Dr. K to solve warts, let alone have a clue on Votto. Again I hope I am wrong but I am willing to bet this issue comes back to bite the Reds again, just like Kemp's issue has damaged the Dodgers.

Did you see him try to run down the line on that hit in SF? The knee I believe was swollen they said. That doesn't happen over nothing. Again I don't trust Dr. K to solve warts, let alone have a clue on Votto. Again I hope I am wrong but I am willing to bet this issue comes back to bite the Reds again, just like Kemp's issue has damaged the Dodgers.
    Yes, I saw. And no, they said it was inflamed, which is not the same as swollen. I actually believe you will be hoping Votto gets hurt so that you can come on here and tell everyone, "Told you so." It's been a long time since you've been able to say those words, I get it.

Yes, I saw. And no, they said it was inflamed, which is not the same as swollen. I actually believe you will be hoping Votto gets hurt so that you can come on here and tell everyone, "Told you so." It's been a long time since you've been able to say those words, I get it.
    Not really but I don't see the positive in rushing him back. If there was a series of games where we could go without him and not be to hurt it would be these with the Dodgers and Padres and then an ASB rest.

Not really but I don't see the positive in rushing him back. If there was a series of games where we could go without him and not be to hurt it would be these with the Dodgers and Padres and then an ASB rest.
    Who says he's being rushed back? Did the notion that maybe his injury wasn't as serious as you suspected cross your mind? Is there any scenario that exists whereby you could have possibly misjudged how badly he was hurt? Or were you able to diagnose the severity of his injury from your couch at home and then come up with a recovery plan better than those on the scene?

One more question - Did man actually walk on the moon?

Why not flip Hanigan and Stubbs around?

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    Catchers bat 8th.

Dusty Baker

It would be nice to see Stubbs break out. As it was already said the kid needs some work in Louisville. Navarro needs some time in Cincy.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Like a ton of bricks it hit me. They are keeping Dioner Navarro in AAA and letting him shine, because they do not want to mess with his trade value. If they bring him up and he doesn't hit he loses value. Yes, if he comes up and hits he adds to it. But, taking the conservative approach, they are not willing to take that chance. IMO.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Like a ton of bricks it hit me. They are keeping Dioner Navarro in AAA and letting him shine, because they do not want to mess with his trade value. If they bring him up and he doesn't hit he loses value. Yes, if he comes up and hits he adds to it. But, taking the conservative approach, they are not willing to take that chance. IMO.
    Sounds legit. If that's what they're doing he will be real trade bait.

Gordon SS
    Ellis C
    Abreu LF
    Rivera RF
    Kennedy 2B
    Loney 1B
    Cruz 3B
    Gwynn CF
    Capuano P

This intimidate anyone?

You could but you'd have to have Hanigan play SS or CF and Stubbs catch.

I trust neither...nor Dr. K...
    you always finds something

Turn Off Ads?