Frazier 3B
    Hanigan C
    Cueto P

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds vs. Dodgers Tuesday 7/3

Lets hope he doesn't pull a Kemp...

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

I guess whenever Hank Aaron was beaned, he played the next day.

Baker is a bad joke.

Still, it's Jocketty's call.

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post

Baker is a bad joke.

I trust neither...nor Dr. K...

Nice to have Votto, and Cozart back.

Looks like a winner. Also, Kemp had a hamstring. So it's going to be hard for Votto to pull a Kemp.

Baker is a bad joke.

So if the doctors said there's no reason he can't play, why are you wanting him to not play? The hit to the head was not a direct shot. If it had been, it wouldn't have gone 30 rows up into the crowd. It was a scary play, but if Cozart passes the tests and is cleared, there's no reason for him not to be out there. As a matter of fact, I'd rather him be out there as quick as possible, because I'm sure there will be some mental hurdles to overcome in terms of digging in at the plate.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    So if the doctors said there's no reason he can't play, why are you wanting him to not play? The hit to the head was not a direct shot. If it had been, it wouldn't have gone 30 rows up into the crowd. It was a scary play, but if Cozart passes the tests and is cleared, there's no reason for him not to be out there. As a matter of fact, I'd rather him be out there as quick as possible, because I'm sure there will be some mental hurdles to overcome in terms of digging in at the plate.
    Knowing what they know now....it makes sense to be cautious.

He had a mild concussion, and it hasn't been 24 hours.

Speaking of team doctors and concussions, the Browns' sent McCoy back into the game after Harrison tried to kill him with a shot to the head.
    Last edited by malcontent; 07-03-2012 at 07:23 PM.

It isn't on Dusty or Walt, the Reds employ people to make these kinds of decisions. The one thing that does surprise me from Dusty is that he didn't give him the extra day, that's usually the routine I thought.

If the guy says he's good to go and passes the battery of tests he's given, I see no point in sitting him. Catchers routinely take dings similar to what Cozart got last night, or even worse, and don't miss a pitch.

Looks like a winner. Also, Kemp had a hamstring. So it's going to be hard for Votto to pull a Kemp.
    Not if he is rushed back to soon, reinjures the knee where he misses considerable time in July and early Aug....

WHOM are the doctors employed by? What is the downside to giving him the night off?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Not if he is rushed back to soon, reinjures the knee where he misses considerable time in July and early Aug....
    The guy missed two games. Obviously his injury is not serious. I'm really not sure why you're trying to make it into this.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    WHOM are the doctors employed by? What is the downside to giving him the night off?
    What's the upside to giving a healthy player the night off? Do you really think the organization would take an unnecessary risk with either player?

Baker is a bad joke.

What a dumb comment. If anything Baker is known for giving injured guys more time than they need. The fact that Cozart is in there tonight tells me he is good to go.

Turn Off Ads?