Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Were will the Reds be in the standings on Aug. 4th?

Were will the Reds be in the standings on Aug. 4th?

I say they will be at least 7 games back. Mark it down. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not. No trades will be made and are offense will continue to be terrible. The bullpen is going backwards. The managing is awful. Dusty has no idea how to put a lineup on a card or manage a pitching staff.

This team needs 2 things to contend next year because watch what I'm telling you this year is over.
    1) a new manager
    2) someone to hit behind Votto

Move Phillips to leadoff and put Cozart in the 2 hole were he belongs. Votto 3rd and someone behind him to protect him. Get these 2 things and the Reds are a championship team.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Were will the Reds be in the standings on Aug. 4th?

edit: wrong thread

well, as long my post is here, i'll say 2 games up on top
    Last edited by Spider Tre; 07-04-2012 at 09:39 PM.
    There are 3 guarantees in life; death, taxes, and the leadoff walk coming around to score.

yup b/c from what they've shown we will be 7 back

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

I'll say 4 back.

EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    I say they will be at least 7 games back. Mark it down. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not. No trades will be made and are offense will continue to be terrible. The bullpen is going backwards. The managing is awful. Dusty has no idea how to put a lineup on a card or manage a pitching staff.

This team needs 2 things to contend next year because watch what I'm telling you this year is over.
    1) a new manager
    2) someone to hit behind Votto

Move Phillips to leadoff and put Cozart in the 2 hole were he belongs. Votto 3rd and someone behind him to protect him. Get these 2 things and the Reds are a championship team.
    What's wrong with you? Talk about someone with a glass is completely empty philosophy. How is the bullpen going backwards? Why is the managing awful? How can you win over 1500 games and not know how to put a lineup together or manage a pitching staff? Who said Cozart belongs in the 2 hole?

yep 0-27 and counting Stubbs deserves as much time as he needs to prove he isnt a liability batting 2nd since Dusty is afraid to make him lose his position..

EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    yep 0-27 and counting Stubbs deserves as much time as he needs to prove he isnt a liability batting 2nd since Dusty is afraid to make him lose his position..
    What's the OBP of Heisey vs Stubbs, same with SLG?

With regular PT Heisey was .333/.423

Neither deserves over 400 AB

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    What's wrong with you? Talk about someone with a glass is completely empty philosophy. How is the bullpen going backwards? Why is the managing awful? How can you win over 1500 games and not know how to put a lineup together or manage a pitching staff? Who said Cozart belongs in the 2 hole?
    If they lose tonight Dusty will be under .500 over the last 10 seasons.

EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    If they lose tonight Dusty will be under .500 over the last 10 seasons.
    nice way of not answering any of the questions

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

1st place on August 4th.....book it!!!

xsteve1

Dusty just doesn't have much to work with. Votto and Phillips (occasionally) are the only consistent hitters on the whole team. The offense is extremely weak (if you bet this team you'd make a ton betting the under). If Walt doesn't get a center fielder this team will be 5-10 games out by 8/4.

But the Pirates arent that good though, theres no way they can be that far ahead at that time

yes, base the whole of the season on a series where we play the NL's best team on the road and the Pirates play the Astros at home.....
    Is it "next season" yet?

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    nice way of not answering any of the questions
    I answered all the questions directed at me.

Turn Off Ads?