Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Were will the Reds be in the standings on Aug. 4th?

Re: Were will the Reds be in the standings on Aug. 4th?

Hopefully they will be within spitting distance of the Pirates and Cards AND looking back at the Baker era in their rear-view mirrors.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by P.E.R#14 View Post
    How DARE you be positive?!?!?

Go Reds!!!
    I know....what was I thinking!!!

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smixsell View Post
    Hopefully they will be within spitting distance of the Pirates and Cards AND looking back at the Baker era in their rear-view mirrors.
    Quotes like this always give me a good laugh....hahahahahahahaha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    I say they will be at least 7 games back. Mark it down. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not. No trades will be made and are offense will continue to be terrible. The bullpen is going backwards. The managing is awful. Dusty has no idea how to put a lineup on a card or manage a pitching staff.

This team needs 2 things to contend next year because watch what I'm telling you this year is over.
    1) a new manager
    2) someone to hit behind Votto

Move Phillips to leadoff and put Cozart in the 2 hole were he belongs. Votto 3rd and someone behind him to protect him. Get these 2 things and the Reds are a championship team.
    These type of threads are ridiculous, IMO. What difference does it make where they at on Aug. 4 - it only matters where there at come October - and to predict it or guarantee anything is a waste of time.

Are there problems with this team? sure - name one team that doesn't have at least one wart they would like get rid of.

The reality, they are in it and I believe they will stay in it and be there at the end of the season. If and when they get to October and they're still playing -anything can happen. As a fan you can't really ask for much more than that.

The problem with most people on this board and with posts like this - is they will never be satisfied. If the Reds win the division - these folks will argue they didn't win it by enough games. If they do not win the NL pennant or the World Series then it will be Dusty can't win the big game(s) and if the Reds win it - they really won't be happy because Dusty will be back as manager and the whole insipid cycle will start all over again.

It goes back to what somebody so eloquently posted a few weeks back. Most would be happy if the Reds were a fourth place team with someone else managing them - than a first place team with Dusty at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    These type of threads are ridiculous, IMO. What difference does it make where they at on Aug. 4 - it only matters where there at come October - and to predict it or guarantee anything is a waste of time.

Are there problems with this team? sure - name one team that doesn't have at least one wart they would like get rid of.

The reality, they are in it and I believe they will stay in it and be there at the end of the season. If and when they get to October and they're still playing -anything can happen. As a fan you can't really ask for much more than that.

The problem with most people on this board and with posts like this - is they will never be satisfied. If the Reds win the division - these folks will argue they didn't win it by enough games. If they do not win the NL pennant or the World Series then it will be Dusty can't win the big game(s) and if the Reds win it - they really won't be happy because Dusty will be back as manager and the whole insipid cycle will start all over again.

It goes back to what somebody so eloquently posted a few weeks back. Most would be happy if the Reds were a fourth place team with someone else managing them - than a first place team with Dusty at the helm.
    Didn't you just waste your time posting that? They are in a rough 6-10 stretch....people have trouble with a team that could very well win 90+ losing 10/16 games. This team is not improving IMO. Every team goes through these stretches but a lot of stubbornness from management and players leave many to believe this team is not ever going to reach it's potential.

I'm glad your glass is over-flowing....most are a little over or a little under 1/2 full. No one understands why the thread is for Aug 4th but people who participate often enjoy predicting stuff. Everyone knows it means nothing and doesn't matter.

August 4th is a month from now.

Read the thread like this: Where will the Reds be in the standings a month from now?

The Reds will be in Cincinnati that day, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Didn't you just waste your time posting that? They are in a rough 6-10 stretch....people have trouble with a team that could very well win 90+ losing 10/16 games. This team is not improving IMO. Every team goes through these stretches but a lot of stubbornness from management and players leave many to believe this team is not ever going to reach it's potential.

I'm glad your glass is over-flowing....most are a little over or a little under 1/2 full. No one understands why the thread is for Aug 4th but people who participate often enjoy predicting stuff. Everyone knows it means nothing and doesn't matter.
    Ironman, if it doesnt mean anything why do it. Besides i dont see it as predicting as it is just taking another shot at what is a pretty good team, not a great team, but a pretty good one. Even the Big Red Machine struggled out West. Im sorry my being positive bothers you, but i think jumping off a bridge because of a rough patch is a little over the top the other direction. This is just baseball do you overreact like this with other things in life? I sure hope not.

I just don't know what you are talking about.

People like to predict.

It means nothing....but is sometimes fun to see how close you are.

How is it taking a shot at a pretty good team?

I just don't know what you are talking about.

People like to predict.

It means nothing....but is sometimes fun to see how close you are.

How is it taking a shot at a pretty good team?
    Predicting is one thing. Look at the context of the thread - it's more of the sky is falling mentality because the team is struggling out West - which is a characteristic of this franchise. Like it or not.

Perhaps I'm off base on this but if you go back and read what I originally posted - my point is true - it doesn't make any difference where they are right now or in a month - it's where they will be at the end of the season.
    I like to enjoy the ride - and not worry about where the Reds will be in a month. You're probably right, some people do like to predict - I do not. We're different - it doesn't mean I'm right and you're wrong or vice versa - but I think I can offer a differing opinion if I so choose.

A question to the predictors - what is the point? - to be able to say "I told you so" if you are right - it's certainly not about coming back and saying "boy I was wrong." I see it as the former.

A second question - if the prediction comes true and the Reds fall on their face - will you stop being Reds fans? If not, why not? Which again goes back to my original question - what's the point?

I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    Predicting is one thing. Look at the context of the thread - it's more of the sky is falling mentality because the team is struggling out West - which is a characteristic of this franchise. Like it or not.

Perhaps I'm off base on this but if you go back and read what I originally posted - my point is true - it doesn't make any difference where they are right now or in a month - it's where they will be at the end of the season.
    I like to enjoy the ride - and not worry about where the Reds will be in a month. You're probably right, some people do like to predict - I do not. We're different - it doesn't mean I'm right and you're wrong or vice versa - but I think I can offer a differing opinion if I so choose.

A question to the predictors - what is the point? - to be able to say "I told you so" if you are right - it's certainly not about coming back and saying "boy I was wrong." I see it as the former.

A second question - if the prediction comes true and the Reds fall on their face - will you stop being Reds fans? If not, why not? Which again goes back to my original question - what's the point?

I guess we'll just agree to disagree.
    Go Reds!

Go Reds!
    Now that I can agree with wholeheartedly.

Markymark is absolutely spot on in saying that there are those here who would rather have the Reds fail without Dusty than win with him. Not a ton but they are no doubt amongst the Sun Deckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Markymark is absolutely spot on in saying that there are those here who would rather have the Reds fail without Dusty than win with him. Not a ton but they are no doubt amongst the Sun Deckers.
    Right now we're in the midst of 6 wins in 17 games....so more are on the frustration wagon. I have no problem with either side of the spectrum....just do be stupid and support your thoughts. Don't just spew generalizations....regardless of which end you are on.

Right now we're in the midst of 6 wins in 17 games....so more are on the frustration wagon. I have no problem with either side of the spectrum....just do be stupid and support your thoughts. Don't just spew generalizations....regardless of which end you are on.
    Oh I would name names but my infraction points are already on the rise!

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Oh I would name names but my infraction points are already on the rise!
    Tisk Tisk!

Turn Off Ads?