Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Were will the Reds be in the standings on Aug. 4th?

Re: Were will the Reds be in the standings on Aug. 4th?

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Markymark is absolutely spot on in saying that there are those here who would rather have the Reds fail without Dusty than win with him. Not a ton but they are no doubt amongst the Sun Deckers.
    There aren't enough of those sentiments to deserve attention or mention. The day Dusty leaves will be a great day for Reds fans, but I seriously doubt any real fan wants us to lose games in order to see him gone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

closer to 7 games up than 7 games back. great thread.

This stuff is gold.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    I say they will be at least 7 games back. Mark it down. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not. No trades will be made and are offense will continue to be terrible. The bullpen is going backwards. The managing is awful. Dusty has no idea how to put a lineup on a card or manage a pitching staff.

This team needs 2 things to contend next year because watch what I'm telling you this year is over.
    1) a new manager
    2) someone to hit behind Votto

Move Phillips to leadoff and put Cozart in the 2 hole were he belongs. Votto 3rd and someone behind him to protect him. Get these 2 things and the Reds are a championship team.
    How we looking?

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    1st place on August 4th.....book it!!!
    Time for me to be a little bit childish......I WAS RIGHT, I WAS RIGHT, I WAS RIGHT!!!! OK, sorry guys.

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    closer to 7 games up than 7 games back. great thread.
    Great find man....way to prove the trolls wrong!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Great find man....way to prove the trolls wrong!!!!
    While he was entirely wrong and what he was saying was completely stupid, I don't know that i'd consider him a troll because I think it was sincere stupidity lol. I consider a troll to be someone who doesn't like the team and intentionally says negative things about them to raise the ire of others.

Pastor, dad and husband Mr Larkin's Avatar

So, in first place despite losing time from the top two players on the team with one of the best pitching staffs in baseball.

Our pitching can't be that good, can it? Dusty has mismanaged the staff all year. How else can you explain using five starters and having the best bullpen in the NL? Clear mismanagement.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    Our pitching can't be that good, can it? Dusty has mismanaged the staff all year. How else can you explain using five starters and having the best bullpen in the NL? Clear mismanagement.
    The Reds having the best record in baseball and it's ALL DUSTY'S FAULT!
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

The fact that it took Votto's injury and the typical "lets all pull together and do more" effect that often happens in such situation for this team to start playing tight baseball shows how poor Dusty has been leading the team up until now.

It just proves what many of us have been saying all along, that this team should have been 10 up more than a month ago, but played such loose baseball under Dusty's lacklustre leadership that we were grossly underachieving.

For the record I and many Dusty bashers have been saying that with our talent we should be playing much better, and now the team is proving it.

Now that Dusty has done such revolutionary things like actually putting the most dominant pitcher in major league history in the closer role (it only took Chapman pitching like 30 stright scoreless innnings for Dusty to figure that one out! LOL) we are finally playing like we could have been playing a lot earlier.

PS I DO give Dusty credit, and have in many earlier threads including a few BEFORE our 21-3 run, for managing much better than in previous years. In fact that's one of the reasons we're doing so well now. He's finally doing some things right. Keep it up Dusty!

This Dusty hate is amazing.....LOL. The guy barely gets any credit for anything. Its amazing how people can bash on him even tho we have the BEST RECORD IN BASEBALL!!!!!

Best record in baseball by a couple games and people are idiotic enough to think it's in spite of the manager.

I'm waiting for someone to bump my anti-Latos thread...Shoot, I'll go find it and laugh at myself

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    I'm waiting for someone to bump my anti-Latos thread...Shoot, I'll go find it and laugh at myself
    At least you can have fun with it!!!!

Turn Off Ads?