Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Los Padres July 5, 2012

Re: Reds @ Los Padres July 5, 2012

Stubbs has near zero trade value, EVERYONE on this site knows how bad he is at making contact and now all of baseball seems to have the book on how to get him out....throw him pitch after pitch out of the zone and then groove one down the middle for strike 3.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Valdez has been bad....but better than Stubbs.

I always thought the ump looked at the foot hitting the bag and listened for the ball hitting the glove? No? In which case it shouldn't matter how he tags first.

I still say the Indians did us a huge favor by telling the media Latos was tipping his pitches. They said they changed something, and since then he's been awesome.

Latos asking Luddy, so what do you have to do to stay in the lineup? I need some runs!

I bet Stubbs is now in for D.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    For a guy who supposedly doesn't speak english, JC sure carries on a lot of conversations .
    From what I heard he actually speaks decent english, just isn't comfortable using it yet in interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I still say the Indians did us a huge favor by telling the media Latos was tipping his pitches. They said they changed something, and since then he's been awesome.
    Someone showed the stat of him throwing 20% more sliders the last two appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I always thought the ump looked at the foot hitting the bag and listened for the ball hitting the glove? No? In which case it shouldn't matter how he tags first.
    Not trying to speak for MLB umpires, but as an umpire in Much lesser leagues, the sound of the foot hitting the bag and the ball hitting the glove are very distinct and a good way to make the bang-bang call.
    "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Great call....the awesome double switch which is never needed because the 8th inning guy ain't ever pitching the 9th

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    On that one it was obvious he was safe, but when the play is bang-bang, the umps use the sounds to decide.

It doesn't matter which body part gets there first, no, but the foot hitting the bag makes the noise the runner needs.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

sonofa
    "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

That was a quick top of the 8th. Got popcorn and they were up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Outstanding man....call of the night! Hate that it wasn't me. I gotta stay focused!

ugh

Turn Off Ads?