Turn Off Ads?
Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960 LastLast

Thread: 7/5/12 - Reds at Padres

Re: 7/5/12 - Reds at Padres

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Dusty, Walt, and the whole organization needs a "come to Jesus" meeting with BCast. This team is way bad offensively and the bullpen has become simply horrible, sick horrible. I have no faith that changes will be made because there is no money while we spent huge money and prospects on pitching. Not my philosophy. But then again I am daft.
    Walt and BCast need to have that meeting about Dusty. He's BCast's man. Walt should strike now - for an off season agreement in principle to get his own man, then an in season agreement to get some funds to make a move or two.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Let's just sit back and watch the Nats win the NL...and then wait for a really great hitter to fall in our laps in the offseason...the merry-go-round is starting...i hope not, but I can hear the music cranking up, that is for sure.

Get to work Walt, or just get out (and take Dusty with you).

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Hey at least we can complain about all star snubs with the best of them.
    Reds have taken up the sword and gone 1-4 since the snub.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

I'll be voicing my opinion here before going to bed...

https://secure.mlb.com/help/email.js...vices@reds.com
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

So how long ago does Monday feel now? geesh.

Dusty needs to go and the architect of this team needs to go. But they won't. And it's business as usual. Losing baseball. but all is well because it's a marathon and not a sprint. That's BS and always has been. You can't get one you lose back especially when the other teams are playing superior baseball, making better decisions, and all tat better than you are.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I bet Cast is really glad he opened up his wallet this offseason.

This team is LIGHTS OUT.
    He's the one who hired the stiff of a GM ... He gets what he paid for.

Dusty's explanation will be that he was saving Chapman to close, which is silly.

However, to be honest, I think the Reds had just as much chance to prevent the Padres from scoring that inning using Ondrusek and Lecure as they did using Chapman, considering how Chapman has been performing lately.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

We can all complain about Dusty's mindless decisions on pitching, but the real problem is that the Reds have scored one run per night, for three nights in a row.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    We can all complain about Dusty's mindless decisions on pitching, but the real problem is that the Reds have scored one run per night, for three nights in a row.
    Word. This team us anemic answer was more of the same (Heisey, Stubbs) and those off the trash bin (Valdez, Harris, and Cairo) plus two Rockies (Cozart and Frazier). Not gonna work.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    See my post. I successfully complained about all three in three sentences or less, included some humor and a 911 reference. I am on top of my game.... unlike the Reds.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Dusty assumed the fetal position, brought LeCure in, and accepted the outcome.

We joked, but that's what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

In the military when we could see the writing on the wall fortelling of a stretch of undesirable situations, we made frequent use of the acronym BOHICA.... I'm kinda' feeling that with this Reds season right now.

From Fay:

–When Baker came out to get Logan Ondrusek in the ninth, I thought Aroldis Chapman would be coming in. With bases loaded, no outs, Chapman has a chance to strike out his way out of it. Sam LeCure was brought in and up the game-winner on the first pitch. I completely forgot to ask Baker about it after the game.

Looks like the boneheadedness is contagious, lol.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Turn Off Ads?