Turn Off Ads?
Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10505657585960

Thread: 7/5/12 - Reds at Padres

Re: 7/5/12 - Reds at Padres

Seams like I remember not to long ago, people clamoring for Lecure and some other relievers other than Marshall, Chapman and Ondrusek to get more of the load in pivotal situations.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Damn, I went to bed after the 7th quite sure Marshall-Chapman would shut things down. Seems to me Marshall is the goat from last night.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    Damn, I went to bed after the 7th quite sure Marshall-Chapman would shut things down. Seems to me Marshall is the goat from last night.
    That goat must've followed him from Chicago.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this team gets swept by the Padres. They look like they are already on their all star break, including the manager. Just pitiful performance the last three nights. The pitching hasn't taken vacation but the offense has. Seems like I have seen this same movie the last two years before the ASG break. Something tells me the manager has a lot to do with that.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    From Fay:

–When Baker came out to get Logan Ondrusek in the ninth, I thought Aroldis Chapman would be coming in. With bases loaded, no outs, Chapman has a chance to strike out his way out of it. Sam LeCure was brought in and up the game-winner on the first pitch. I completely forgot to ask Baker about it after the game.

Looks like the boneheadedness is contagious, lol.
    There are folks out there that might find that sort of honesty refreshing. I'm just not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    The offense was the goat. Followed closely by Phillips inability to run the bases at a 3rd grade level, followed by Dusty's mindless handling of the pen in the 9th after that. Marshall was no great shakes, but he hung a pitch and the guy crushed it. The lack of support for Latos' gem is why Marshall's misstep cost us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Latos just said "what the blank did you throw him."
    FWIW, Dallas Latos is tweeting today that Mat was yelling at Forsythe "what the blank are you doing?", saying that the two are good friends.

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    There are folks out there that might find that sort of honesty refreshing. I'm just not one of them.
    Yeah ...i doubt he Forgot....I think he just really did not want to deal with Baker's BS answer, along with a lame Hank Aaron reference.

Turn Off Ads?