Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: July 6th, 2012- Reds @ Padres

Re: July 6th, 2012- Reds @ Padres

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    I disagree there would ne effect from having BP 1st Frazier 2nd then Votto Ludwick and Bruce. You're replacing 2 abysmal OBP with 2 guys with decent OBPs. That alone would make a big difference.
    Until you got through the next 5 batters.

Over the course of 300 PA, having Phillips and Frazier(at their current OBP) over Stubbs and Cozart(at their current OBP) would have produced roughly 25 more times on base.

Do you really think we'd notice a tremendous difference in getting an extra base runner in front of Votto every 3 games?

That's not to say it shouldn't be done, but I don't think we'd really see a noticeable difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Pirates are trailing in 4th 5-3 but they are threatening with guys 1 and 3rd. Zito gets out of it nothing scoring. Bedard's already been knocked out by the Giants. Pirates pen is in the game.
    I think pirates will go after a starter by the deadline. And now 5-4 after a HR by Casey McGhee

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Until you got through the next 5 batters.

Over the course of 300 PA, having Phillips and Frazier(at their current OBP) over Stubbs and Cozart(at their current OBP) would have produced roughly 25 more times on base.

Do you really think we'd notice a tremendous difference in getting an extra base runner in front of Votto every 3 games?

That's not to say it shouldn't be done, but I don't think we'd really see a noticeable difference.
    I know what you're saying but I'd notice a difference darn it. Man I am SICK of seeing 2 automatic outs start every game.

Pirates with 23 come from behind wins 2nd only to Miami this year so far (another sign things might not continue to hold so well for them). Brad Penny sighting in Giants bullpen. Giants add 1 in 7th 6-4 mid 7.
    Last edited by RedlegJake; 07-06-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    I do, and have a head start.
    I'm passing on the game tonight in order to get bombed. Last night's game thread was a lot of fun, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I'm not saying there'd be no effect. I'm just saying that sufficient studies have been done to indicate that the cumulative effect of shuffling the batting order is marginal. That argument sailed ten years ago. If the Reds want to make a real difference they need to replace some of the players they are currently running out there. Anybody who thinks that the Reds are going to substantially increase the number of runs they are scoring by juggling the current players in rotation is fooling themselves.

TMBS, I'm sick of seeing Stubbs and and Cozart at the top of the lineup too...
    Agree.

Bottom on 9th 6-5 Giants.

Cozart!

Cozart!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Leadoff homer for Cozart. 1-0 Reds.

Senor Votto

Should've been ball 4 luckily it wasn't because Cozart homers on the next pitch

0-29
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

0-29. 17 from the record

Stubbs strikes out swinging. 0 for 29.

Senor Votto

Can Stubbs be sent to Triple A?

Turn Off Ads?