Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Padres Friday 7/6

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: Reds vs. Padres Friday 7/6

Quote Originally Posted by mrherd05 View Post
    "Current Group" are you serious.

All star first baseman, second baseman, third baseman the last two years, right fielder. HIGHLY RATED centerfielder. Got a new LF in trade, HIGHLY rated catcher, great bullpen, EXCELLENT starting rotation.

Come on man. The guy mismanages constantly, gives lame excuses that contradict each other, constantly, and is just not any good. Also doesnt even know how to speak in complete, english sentences.
    Is this the same group that you and others constantly bash?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    xsteve1

Luke Scott just snapped an 0-41 tonight with the Rays. Wonder if Stubbs will out do that streak.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I'm not down man, just gets frustrating. I love this team as I'm sure those that bash and bash do also. I just don't get it tho, specially now that we have a pretty good ball club.
    I admire your positive manner....do you see this team/players improving throughout this season? Ludwick a tiny bit? Leake and Latos....but they've looked this good for longer periods in recent years. Meso showing signs. Frazier?

I'm looking for improvements and am seeing very few throughout the play of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    Way to support your team!
    Many don't support this team, just their egos!

Of the regular non-catcher position players, Drew Stubbs is LAST in batting average, on-base, slugging, & .OPS. He does lead the team in strikeouts. The guy is a farce and it will take Jocketty stepping in to get rid of him. He needs to go. Same with Rolen.

xsteve1

I don't think the Reds should get rid of Stubbs, he just needs to be sent down for a few weeks.

Many don't support this team, just their egos!
    There are a few on here who are still mad the Reds didn't pick them for their manager or GM over Dusty and Walt!
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    I don't think the Reds should get rid of Stubbs, he just needs to be sent down for a few weeks.
    This I can agree with. Needs to get his confidence back, clear his head a bit.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    I admire your positive manner....do you see this team/players improving throughout this season? Ludwick a tiny bit? Leake and Latos....but they've looked this good for longer periods in recent years. Meso showing signs. Frazier?

I'm looking for improvements and am seeing very few throughout the play of this season.
    I don't ever see Stubbs improving, I'm really fed up with the guy. Cozart I think could be pretty good in the 2 hole but not as a leadoff guy. I just have a problem with a couple guys on here thatnnever say anything positive or if they do it's a backhanded compliment.

It's beyond me, why in the H is Stubbs playing CF and hitting 2nd??
    Or even playing AT ALL! It's beyond retarded!! Dusty...
    I don't think he even wants to play.

I don't ever see Stubbs improving, I'm really fed up with the guy. Cozart I think could be pretty good in the 2 hole but not as a leadoff guy. I just have a problem with a couple guys on here thatnnever say anything positive or if they do it's a backhanded compliment.
    Calling it like you see it is reality, not negativity. I fall in the minority in supporting Dusty Baker generally. The fact is the Reds played their best ball of the year when Rolen & Stubbs were out. Ludwick, Frazier, & Heisey (while all flawed) are better players right now than Scott & Drew. The problem is Dusty will play both if they are healthy to the detriment of the team. Take the temptation away I say.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    Way to support your team!
    I think a decent argument can be made that it is supporting your team.

It's like shooting straight with an addict. Dusty can't take first step to recovery until he admits he's got a problem.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Hello.... Ballgirl.

That was ball 4

Quote Originally Posted by wabashfalcon View Post
    Hello.... Ballgirl.
    +1000000

Turn Off Ads?