Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin Upton...again

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Justin Upton...again

Here we go again.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...tin-upton.html

I'd back up the truck.

Drew Stubbs + any three guys in the system they want, ex-Billy Hamilton.

Or Chapman straight up.
    Go BLUE!!!

Re: Justin Upton...again

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Here we go again.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...tin-upton.html

I'd back up the truck.

Drew Stubbs + any three guys in the system they want, ex-Billy Hamilton.

Or Chapman straight up.
    To get Justin Upton, we'd have to include Hamilton. Or Chapman and others. There's no way they trade him for anything short of an absolute haul. I'd consider making the move. But it'd be a fortune to give up, and we shouldn't expect anything less.

I saw on the MLB board guys talking crazy stuff. Stubbs, Cingrani, Hamilton, Lotzkar, Corcino and Frazier. No thanks. If that's the haul he can stay a Diamondback or let a rival gut their system. Upton's good but baseball takes a whole team - as we're seeing this year with the game's best hitter and a couple of it's best starters and still scuffling.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

.831 lifetime OPS and it's not trading upwards my any means.

Sell the farm if you want, but selling everyone for someone who's expensive and not that great makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post

Sell the farm if you want, but selling everyone for someone who's expensive and not that great makes no sense.
    Fair to say he's had his struggles this year, but the guy is only 24 years old, so I'm not sure it's fair to say he's trending down.

That being said, it's probably not worth gutting our system just to get a guy to put in between Votto and Bruce. Although the thought of it is nice.

It would be like acquiring another Jay Bruce, with possibly even more upside. I haven't once heard you suggest we trade Bruce, so I would imagine you would be fine giving this guy a whirl. He was worth 6.6 WAR as a 23 year old. If you aren't willing to give up prospects for him, I'm not sure if there is much sense in anything else.

I wouldn't think twice about including Hamilton in a deal for Upton.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    It would be like acquiring another Jay Bruce, with possibly even more upside. I haven't once heard you suggest we trade Bruce, so I would imagine you would be fine giving this guy a whirl. He was worth 6.6 WAR as a 23 year old. If you aren't willing to give up prospects for him, I'm not sure if there is much sense in anything else.

Sure Hamilton. But Hamilton and every other prospect in A+ and AA who was bonafide? Because make no mistake that's what it would take.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Sure Hamilton. But Hamilton and every other prospect in A+ and AA who was bonafide? Because make no mistake that's what it would take.
    Well, I think you can look at the Latos package as a bit of a map. Latos maybe not the same player value wise, but more cheap years included.

Hamilton likely has more trade value than anyone in the Padres deal. So assuming he's worth more than Grandal, you're maybe looking at adding in an Alonso and Boxberger.... I don't think we would havew to go bat crazy beyond an inclusion of Hamilton.

Well, I think you can look at the Latos package as a bit of a map. Latos maybe not the same player value wise, but more cheap years included.

Hamilton likely has more trade value than anyone in the Padres deal. So assuming he's worth more than Grandal, you're maybe looking at adding in an Alonso and Boxberger.... I don't think we would havew to go bat crazy beyond an inclusion of Hamilton.
    Looks about right. Hamilton plus two B prospects.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

He's not a CF, so has less value to us, unless you trade Bruce for him.

He's nice player, but Stubbs, Hamilton, Corcinco and others for him? I'd give up prospects, but not our 4 best, and have to put Heusey in CF full time.

I remember others wanted to dump Votto with Bailey in a trade for Blaton.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

What does that have to do with any of this?

First off, that's incorrect (Bedard maybe, not Blanton).

Secondly, even if there were truth to it, what does it have to do with anything?

I remember others wouldn't trade Pokey Reese for Ken Griffey Jr.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    First off, that's incorrect (Bedard maybe, not Blanton).

Secondly, even if there were truth to it, what does it have to do with anything?

I remember others wouldn't trade Pokey Reese for Ken Griffey Jr.
    I reread a few of the Blanton threads and there actually were several posters (some current, some former) in favor of including Votto + others in a trade for Blanton (most were against including Votto, though). I don't know if others necessarily included Bailey. That being said, I agree with you that I don't see what that has to do with this thread.

My thoughts exactly.. I'd love to have him, but I'm not emptying out the farm for him.

His youth isn't attractive to me, because he is paid like a veteran performer.
    His contract:
    He gets a $1.25 million signing bonus, half on April 15 and the rest on July 15. He receives salaries of $500,000 this year, $4.25 million in 2011, $6.75 million in 2012, $9.75 million in 2013, $14.25 million in 2014 and $14.5 million in 2015.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Offer Stubbs, Ondrusek, Lotzkar and Vidal for him. Not too much, but not chop liver either.

Turn Off Ads?