Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Arizona may deal Justin Upton

Arizona may deal Justin Upton

I would ask if they would take Stubbs, Didi Gregerious and Lotzker or another pitching prospect .

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    I would ask if they would take Stubbs, Didi Gregerious and Lotzker or another pitching prospect .
    I think he has motivation issues.....he'd probably do well for a period...but nah. I'd rather watch him than Stubbs...but it would end up the same.

Re: Arizona may deal Justin Upton

Talk about OVERPAY....Stubbs and a pitching prospect not in our top 5....Didi is worth a lot more than a headcase in Upton

Overpay??

My mind is slightly boggled. Upton is a 24-year-old RH OF coming of an MVP quality season. He's supremely talented. If you blew up the rosters of all 30 teams and did a franchise draft, he'd undoubtedly be a top 10 pick. If you called Towers up right now and made that offer, I don't know which he'd do first - laugh or hang up. Unbelievable.

edit - double post, probably out of bewilderment

yea im sure they would love stubbs.

NOT

there gonna want a few real ppl. not just 1 and ur average players

If he was in the American League, it would look intriguing. But against the same National Level competition day after day, you could expect him to be overpaid and the same old Justin Upton. What is his brother doing this season? Haven't seen him

I have no doubt that any starting point has to involve Corcino and/or Hamilton. Teams don't just give up elite talent like that, even in a bad season, without asking for sure things. As much as we want to shuttle our spare parts off to Arizona in exchange for a potential all-star, teams tend to look for quality over quantity.

And I would gladly make a trade centered around Hamilton for him. This is a guy that put up nearly 7 WAR as a twenty-three-year-old. I'll deal prospects for him all day.

I would offer Cingrani,Stubbs,Corcino and Greg

They wouldn't turn it down. Hamilton will not be traded.

Hamilton
    Upton
    Votto
    Phillips
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Mes
    Heisey
    Last edited by The Rage; 07-07-2012 at 05:50 PM.

I just think taking on the salary of upton would hamstring this club in the future, to me who is batting in front of votto is a major concern. Didi to me would be an overpay to take on uptons salary. By the way, if upton is struggling does anyone think he is going to come here and "get fixed" by Jacoby or Dusty? I just think this team would be a lot better off with Phillips leading off with ludwick or Frazier in cleanup. Pick up some Lh bats for the bench and save $$$ to keep our starting pitching. Getting Stubbs and Bruce going should be the focus of this organization, maybe it is time for a new hitting coach with a different perspective.

Turn Off Ads?